Monday, January 16, 2012

Double on the Joe

Monday...back at it.
The weekend absolutely flew by, especially since I taught 2 classes Saturday and by the time I showered and got out to do errands it was 2pm.  I was exhausted and the day felt practically over.  Yesterday was spent cooking for the week and just resting.  I took a nap and was nearly in a coma by the time I needed to get up.  I bet when I lay down I fall sleep in no more than 2 minutes.  I'm out.

Today was a full day. 
I'm drinking 2 full travel mugs worth of coffee now in the morning to get me going.  No worries, I throw some protein powder in there and I'm in heaven.  But this morning it felt like I could have used another cup...ugh..

My workout felt great.  I hit shoulders/biceps and finished with 45 minutes of cardio.  Shocker, I know.  I needed a break from sprints today though.  Weights were heavy, but good.  I still struggle with the muscle contraction in my left bicep, but its getting there.  The cardio was actually good...I sort of got in a zone and just kept moving...

I finished my afternoon with a variety of clients.  Starting my afternoon, I had an 11 year old basketball player and then immediately rolled into a workout with a 66 year old man with numerous health problems.  It was such a stark contrast, and yet a reminder that its all about health wherever you are in life.  The man was clearly not going to jump over the hurdles as the young boy did, but he could step over and work on his balance and body-awareness.  So often we forget what we are truly capable of because we limit ourselves and find strange comfort in our fears and lack of action.  There is no doubt in my mind that the man was uncomfortable at times and slightly short of breath.  However, he was willing to challenge his weaknesses and trust my guidance.  He is amazing himself and I love it.

Whew, I am spent and need to head to bed.  4:30 will come early...I'm already looking forward to my coffee in the morning.  Oh, its the little things :)

No comments:

Post a Comment