Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Where's Tink??

Finally, I exhale.
Its been one heck of a day...not overwhelmingly busy, just tired and a lot on my mind.  I swear my brain is swimming in cortisol with worry, stress, busyness, on and on...
You would think that sleep would be a break.  Not exactly.  I dream like crazy, and very vividly as well.  The other night I actually woke myself up saying "I'm an orphan, I'm an orphan."  My husband thinks sleeping with me is quite entertaining.  Its nothing for me to sit straight up and start spouting out gibberish or stand on the bed screaming there's spiders or something.  I'm sure its comical.  I claim that I get it from my dad.  My mom says he talks in his sleep, but the best story was from years ago....
Mom said that dad was dead asleep and nudged her and said "no no, that's where she sleeps."  Yup, my mom was fully awake at that point and said she couldn't help but get a little angry.  So she responds to see if my dad will actually talk back to her..."WHO IS SHE?"  My mom is slightly dramatic so I can imagine that at this point she is 2 seconds from a freakout or a domestic violence charge.  She said my dad just laid there and said in some soft, seductive voice...."Peter Pan".  Needless to say, my dad has never lived that one down...
I have yet to reference Disney characters while asleep...that's a whole new level...

Wow, huge sidetrack ride there.
Workout today went better than I thought it would.  Because of my schedule tomorrow I had to hit chest, quads, and core.  Horrible.  Lifting took me an hour and 20 minutes, and then 40 minutes cardio.  I was beyond spent.  And cardio after squats, leg press, and leg extensions is about as fun as a physical.  There I thought of the first non-fun-thing that came to mind.  Apparently a physical ranks pretty high in my book.  And here's the million dollar question:  where do you look when you're laying on the exam table??!  Exactly.
Anyway, weights were great and for the next few weeks I'm going 15 reps on all my leg exercises.  With my cardio increasing, and simply trying to bring my upper body in proportion, there's no sense in trying to lift for strength/size in the legs.  But my God, my legs know exactly when I hot 10 reps.  I mean its like a switch goes off.  My body likes nothing above 10.  Built for speed and power baby.

New concoction: shredded chicken, julienne peeled squash, mushrooms, garlic, and light pasta sauce.  Holy crap its amazing.  Looks like vom, but oh so good!

Tomorrow looks to be a cardio day.  I have a feeling my legs are going to be pretty darn sore.  This will be fun.

So I was reading a couple of articles online today, and I am absolutely amazed by the amount of lies people are fed when it comes to nutrition and training.  This one female writer was talking about dropping calories to put yourself in a state to lose weight, and she said, "if you want to lose more, just drop your calories by at least 1000 calories per day."  UMMMM....NO.  If your maintenance is 1700 calories, and you're trying to lose weight, there is no way in hell you should eat 700 calories per day!  Idiot.  You'll piss away all your muscle, kill your metabolism, and your hair will eventually start falling out.  It blows my mind.  Get educated people...some bimbo advertising a 1000 calorie diet is not an expert.  The ad is fake,...her boobs are fake,...bla bla bla...
Aaaanndd now I'll step down off my soap box.

A handful of almonds and now its time to wash dishes and head to bed.  Hump day people...brace yourself.  Do something tomorrow that scares you just a little.  That's legal...

Night :)

No comments:

Post a Comment