Monday, January 9, 2012

Dino on the run...

Dreary Monday.
Came to the gym,...it was raining.
Left the gym,...still raining.
Most rainy days I find it a little more difficult to workout.  I was a little shocked that I had such a great workout.  Everything felt good.  Yes, even the sprints afterward.  I attribute part of it to the 40 minutes of yoga/stretching I did yesterday, and the other part to the 3 hours of sitting I did.  I read that entire time.  Amazing my eyes were not bleeding by the end.

I did shoulders/biceps today.  I've really got to get my arms in gear...biceps need to be a little bigger.  I find bicep workouts to be extremely hard.  You have to lift more for feel than necessarily weight.  And since its more isolation movements, mine are usually shot after 12 sets.  After that arm workout, I looked like T-Rex trying to run sprints.  I did 17, 20 second sprints at 12mph with a 40 second walk between.  Done and done.  Finished with some jump rope, (which makes me thankful for small breasts), stretched, and then it was time to hit the shower. 
After having such a good run, I was once again reminded of how important it is for me to keep my legs loose...but lets be honest, us meatheads rarely spend time stretching.  I look into the pilates room and see Anna in some position that should be illegal and my hamstrings ache just watching.  The worst is probably my glutes/hips.  I cannot even sit Indian-style (which is no longer PC, but we'll pretend its 1987), without my hips hurting.  Horrible...

Devouring some chicken and cabbage right now.  Brian started his diet today...vegetarian Engine 2.  I cannot wait to see his bowels implode by Thursday.  Honestly, I couldn't do it.  I love meat/eggs too much.  Secondly, I'd be shooting whey protein through a needle just to meet my daily requirements.  I really don't know what it would take to make me give up meat.  But let's not test it..
I know it sounds like a challenge Zimm, but don't get any ideas.  I am already waving the white flag of sweet-meat-surrender!

Already 8:00 and I am pooped.  I didn't sleep well last night...way to much on my mind I guess.  I hope tonight is different...otherwise, I feel sorry for my early-morning clients :)

Night folks.

2 comments:

  1. I've thought a lot about the diet but I might be passed out on the side of the road one day from hunger if I did it...meat/eggs/cheese are essential...even if it means having 8-9% body fat instead of 5%...woopi doo. Tour rolls...thank you again for everything this past month, keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw that on Twitter about Brian starting the vegan diet. Rather him than me! I tried conjuring up an image of you doing the same thing but it just was not possible. I can only imagine how limited your food choices must be. One can only eat so many beans and veggies, right?

    I miss seeing you...having Activedge withdrawals.

    ReplyDelete