Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Striding it out...missing my dumbbells

Day 2 no lifting.
Ok, technically, its day 4 since I haven't lifted since Friday.  Either way, I am not the happiest camper right now.  To say I am anxious would be an understatement.  I honestly have to keep reminding myself its only a week, I'll be fine.  Ha...I sound like I'm in meathead rehab.  Geez.

I was tired from the start today, but not nearly as bad as yesterday.  By the time my pseudo-workout rolled around I was feeling pretty decent and ready to get on it.  I clocked another 5 miles today and then walked on 10 incline to finish out my time.  Today my feet were actually a little sore and my body was wondering what the heck was going on and why all the cardio.  I suddenly felt the need to apologize to myself in the middle of mile 4...
I could tell my hamstrings were tightening up by the end and realized that by Friday I will be in much need of a massage.  Having a total stranger drive their elbow into your butt and then proceed to play your hamstring like a drum is completely underrated.  I would get one every week if I could.  Man, woman, I don't care...I want to feel borderline-abused when I leave.

The day rolled on like a typical Tuesday.  Busy with clients and then 2 high school soccer teams...way too many teenage girls in one room at one time.  The chatter was unbelievable.  And I'm sure I was the exact same way...I do not miss that age.  I was blown away though by the number of girls who simply would not kick it into 5th gear.  Frustrating.  And seriously, what's with the crew socks?  Hideous.

Well, its already 8:45 and I am pretty spent.  It will be an early rise in the morning and taking hump day down like a cage fight.  Here we go!  Night folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment