Thursday, January 5, 2012

Back to the attic...

Here comes a mid-afternoon blog.
I have a few extra minutes before my afternoon clients so I figured a little word-vomit would be great.  Plus, tonight will begin the Christmas-undecorating-adventure, so there will be little time for anything else.  I dread taking everything down.  Honestly, it will be a bigger mess before it gets better, and I have a lot of decorations...its giving me anxiety just thinking about it.

I just finished my workout...back and biceps, then finished with 20 minutes of jump rope.  I'm not great at jumping rope, and it sort of bothers my head bobbing up and down like a 2 year old on speed.  Probably a totally inappropriate metaphor.  Anyway, I made it through and then got on the foam roller for a few minutes.  Workout felt good, and I've really tried to focus on my tempo lately,...just making sure I keep the eccentric movement slow and controlled.  Everything feels pretty heavy, and perhaps this week its due to lack of sleep and a little wine on our new years trip.  Umm...yes, I can answer that question myself...its totally due to both of those things.  Want crappy workouts?  Just increase your alcohol intake and don't sleep much...that will pretty much do the trick.

Speaking of,...I'm exhausted today.  I didn't sleep well last night and its just been a long week.  I'm nearly falling asleep right now.  Ridiculous.  Don't underestimate my ability to fall asleep while sitting straight up.  I've mastered that art form.

Ok, time to get back on track.  A few more hours to go and then home to take down everything that should have been taken down last week.  I heard its bad luck to leave your decorations up through New Years Day.  Well dang.  That explains the last 12 years of my life....ha, just kidding :)

Have a great day peeps!

No comments:

Post a Comment