Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Aches and Pains

Anything that says "Just add water" sort of freaks me out.  Random thought...

Today felt like Wednesday.  I woke up face-down in my pillow about 2 minutes before my alarm went off.  I probably could have suffocated and never known it....my eyes were swollen and I looked like I'd been in a fight.  But then again, do we ever wake up, look in the mirror, and think "wow, I look fantastic!"  If you answered yes, you are only lying to yourself.  Looking in the mirror at 4:30 in the morning is like waking up every morning after a one night stand with yourself.  Never a pretty sight.  Period.  Yet you rub your face down with $80 worth of Mary Kay that is probably just bleached chicken feces, and the day rolls on...
I use Mary Kay, I can say that.

Tuesdays are a little lighter than Mondays, so I was able to get ahead of myself on the "to do" list.  Yay me.  My OCD is my need and making lists to check off is my fix.  Some of you totally get what I'm talking about and are looking forward to making another list right now.  Ha,...I get it.

Workout today felt pretty brutal.  I had legs and core...reps 4-6.  Core exercises I kept heavy, but reps 10-12.  My knees are definitely feeling it right now...last 2 sets of squats at 210.  I can tell my glutes have gotten so much stronger over the last year because I don't feel squats as much in my quads as I do in the 'ol caboose.  Unstoppable once I get that thing moving in one direction.  Overall, great workout and I was pleased with my weights.  I can already tell that 4 weeks of this is going to truly test my body.  I've got to play it by ear because the knee pain was a little more than I'd like after the workout.  I may have to cut this phase down to 3 weeks.  We'll see...

More asparagus tonight..yeeeaaahhh...a little garlic salt and I am in heaven.  Oh my life is ridiculous.  But I am a firm believer in enjoying the little things.  Sometimes its the little things that get us through the long days.  Bask in them.

Time to clean up and head to bed...night!

No comments:

Post a Comment