Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Ummm...yes,...right here!

Totally MIA the last few days...

I've simply been in 5th gear since last Thursday and haven't slowed down since.  The weekend was jammed packed with wedding stuff (Ryan's best friend was getting married)...so we proceeded to do what most normal 28 year olds do...stay up after 9 and party like its our job.  To be honest, I should have been paid.  My God, I was tired by Sunday.  Monday was a joke.  I was so drained that I honestly felt dizzy and nauseous.  It ranked as the worst day of the year...although I have 4 months to go.  Guaranteed that a future day will take the cake...most likely around the holidays...  

My workout that day was an absolute mess.  Oh I finished it...sprints and all, but it wasn't pretty.  A couple of my lifts were actually down, and I was panting like a smoker through the whole thing.  That particular day, I only enjoyed about 7% of my workout.  The warm-up and cool down.  Which, shouldn't really count, so lets just say 0%.  But I have no one to blame but myself. 

Tuesday was much better.  Workout was extremely hard, but my total squat and hamstring curl volume increased, so I was pleased.  The only down side of lifting this heavy (still 4 sets of 6-8 on everything), is that my knees are starting to bother me.  I leg pressed 470 for my last 2 sets on Friday, which I was completely thrilled about, but my knees were shot for 2 days.  SO, I'll probably ignore that fact as long as possible, or until I need knee replacement surgery at 33.  At that point I might say to hell with it and opt for a boob job. 

The highlight of my day yesterday was my niece's birthday.  She turned 2, so we all went to a local fro yo place and served ourselves some instant diabetes.  It was great.  That child was on one heck of a sugar rush and I ended up chasing her around for a solid 2 hours.  Pretty sure I pulled something and was a little worried at one point that something might come back up.  All worth it.  Because nothing says happy birthday like a strained hammy and some vomit....

Ah yes, so here we are at hump day.  I just had cardio today...mix of sprints and jogging.  It was about all I could handle, and will probably just fall into bed tonight.  Exhausted.  Kids are yelling in the street right now, dogs are barking, one or both may crap in my yard at some point...mmm...solid ending to a long day.

Looking forward to tomorrow....well, actually right now I am looking forward to entering a semi-coma in about 15 minutes.....Night!!

No comments:

Post a Comment