Thursday, August 11, 2011

didn't get the memo...

I'm pretty sure I was meant to stay in bed this morning.
My Thursday got off to a roaring start...which began the second I was about to pull out of my neighborhood and forgot something.  4 minutes behind.  Then about to enter the highway and there's a giant flashing sign that says 40E RAMP CLOSED.  It might as well have given me the finger.  Turning around,...going the back way,...now 9 more minutes behind.  That's 13 minutes....and in my world, that's practically an hour.  There I was, flying down the highway chugging my coffee like its holy water, while trying not to totally lose it.  It was quite a scene.

Then I finally get to work and get all my 6am, 6:30, and 7am clients' workouts written up and ready to roll.  Phone rings.  Two people running 20 minutes late.  Was there a universal meeting last night that took place to calculate ways to screw with me today?!  Guess I missed it...

From there, the day rolled on...
I was pretty spent by the time I had to workout, but I was pleased with my weights.  I had Upper Body today, sets of 4, 6-8 reps.  Given that I'd done cardio the past 3 days, I took today off.  Didn't take much to convince myself...

Workout: (4 x 6-8)
Incline DB press
Lat pull-down
Cable flys
Seated cable row
Seated shoulder press
Bench dips
DB lateral raises
Alternating DB curls

Tomorrow is round 2 of legs.  I'm surprised that I am not more sore from Tuesday, but I'm really not taking any one body part to complete failure on either day.  So my recovery time has been fairly decent.  Exception = hamstrings...they have a mind of their own.

Zimm is headed back to school this weekend, and I'm truly going to miss his drive, intensity, and positive demeanor in the gym.  Some athletes just have leadership qualities that cannot be taught.  He's got it.  And true leaders hold themselves to a higher standard....he certainly does, almost to a fault.  You will be greatly missed Zimm!  But here's to a great Fall season and new chapter!!

I'm now struggling to keep my eyes open.  Time for bed....night!!


No comments:

Post a Comment