Thursday, September 1, 2011

Homecoming

My work week is just about over and I am looking forward to a long weekend.  The hubby arrived back in town about 3 hours ago from baseball season, and eagerly walked in the house ready to sit in the recliner, eat cereal, and listen to his ridiculous wife....ok, maybe just the first two.  There were cookies waiting for him on the table, because nothing says welcome home like a batch full of high fructose corn syrup and saturated fat.  I think I was just successful at completely killing any excitement related to those cookies...

Today was a good day.  I felt pretty energized and ready to go.  The morning flowed well and I ended it with 2 new clients...mother/daughter duo.  I think they both are just ready for a lifestyle change and its great that they are willing/wanting to go at it together.  Very cool...
But it always blows my mind how out of shape we are as a society.  The fact that someone walks 2 minutes on a treadmill and is huffing and puffing is absolutely sad.  Our bodies were not meant to be sedentary and not meant to carry an extra 30+ pounds.  Its upsetting that we've come to a point where this is the norm and we are simply OK with it.  Why are we fine with being unhealthy and slowly killing ourselves?  It does not make sense.  To be flooded with such self-empowering and self confident notions as we are these days, its amazing that we can feel so great about the poor health choices we're consciously making on a daily basis. 

On to my workout for the day...

I had upper body, 4 sets of 4-6 reps on everything and was pleased with my weights.  I'm stuck at 35's on shoulder press and its driving me a little nuts.  Huge jump to move to 40's and the mental-block its created is more irritating than anything.  Eh...so here was the order:

Incline DB press
Lat pull-down (mid-trap emphasis)
Seated shoulder press
Single arm lat pull-down
Lat bar curls
Lateral DB raises
Alternating incline curls
Rope press-down

No cardio for me today.  I will make up for it tomorrow and probably regret not getting it over with today.  But my body was DONE.  Tomorrow is legs/core...that will be interesting to day the least...

I am pooped.  Cleaning tomorrow morning....workout...errands...then dinner with Ryan, where I will proceed to talk about anything and everything inappropriate at the table.  Yes, I was raised in a barn.

Night people!


1 comment:

  1. When you wait long periods of time to eat, your body doesn't have the nutrients to properly repair. By eating more often, your body is always in the position of having what it needs to abdominal exercise.

    ReplyDelete