Thursday, December 1, 2011

Midnight Walker

Ah yes, Thursday.
Apparently, my day began around 2am when I got out of bed, turned on the lamp, walked around for a second, talked a little bit, and then got back in bed.  Yeah, sooo, I have no recollection of this....Ryan just told me during dinner.  Looks like I'm losing it.
It reminds me of when my little brother used to sleep walk.  My mom would get all freaked out, and naturally, my older brother and I found it funny.  Well, that was until she found him in the front yard one morning.  Actually, its still pretty funny.

My legs are shot.
The leg workout I threw on myself yesterday proved to be pretty darn brutal.  And on top of the sprints I did today, getting up and down feels like an athletic event in itself.  I did 20 sets worth and went reps of 12, 10, 8, and then 6 on each exercise just to mix things up.  Oh I mixed it up alright.  I feel semi-crippled at the moment.
Today was back day then short hill sprints.  Weights felt great, and even the sprints were bearable.  Half the battle is simply being ok with being uncomfortable.  Honestly, if you can learn to focus on controlling your breathing while sprinting (and especially during the rest breaks), you'll see and feel a HUGE difference.  Driving your heartrate up is going to send your body into a panic-mode as is....so, its important to keep your breathing under control as to not get dizzy, hyperventilate, etc...then of course, if you go too hard too fast, back off.  By the end, I was spent.  I wanted to just sleep.  No such luck.  I needed to get to Sam's Club and fight the crowd before my afternoon clients.

Seriously, I get a little fired up going in there.  The amount of crap we eat as a nation is unbelievable.  And the saddest part is that its considered "normal"....I'M the abnormal one for eating healthy.  Crazy.  And we're all paying for it.  Ugh....

Well, I'm about 5 seconds away from laying my head on this table.  Pooped.  Have a great night and here's to Friday! :)

2 comments:

  1. I feel exhausted reading your workouts and I'm just sitting here. Although I am sore from yesterday so that could be part of it. :)

    Ahhh yes...Sam's Club and Costco. Not just crap but crap in bulk. Awesome. Never thought about the fact that eating healthy is abnormal. That's pretty sad - and scary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, yeah, sometimes I have to write down my workout one exercise at a time as I go because if I write it all out and look at it, it makes me want to curse. Ha...and my legs are worse today. Saturday morning will be painful to say the least :)

    ReplyDelete