Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Baggy like I like it

Tonight, I laugh to keep from crying...or throwing a very large breakable object at the wall.  Yes, one of those days.

I say that, but in the big scheme of things it was not horrible by any means...just no down time.  There is certainly something to be said for a few quiet moments everyday.  The only quiet time I got today was in the bathroom, which, should have been sufficient considering I go more than a pregnant woman with a UTI,...but it wasn't.  Mentally, I was operating in 5th gear all day...my God, its still going.  I just had a conversation with my cat asking how his day was...like he is going to answer.  Truth is, his response would make me angry.  "I ate...slept...licked myself...slept...ate..."  Ah, worthless animal.  Five bucks says I'm cleaning up vomit tomorrow just because I said that.

Aside from a typical hump day, I had a great leg workout.  Kelsey was in there for the beginning of it, so it was great to catch up and laugh while I pushed....literally.  I did 4 sets of 10-12 on everything.  Squats were brutal since I did them after leg press, but I was pleased with 175 the whole time.  Since I'm not on a strength phase, I'll take that weight for now.  In about 8 weeks though, that's not going to cut it.  I finished with some core work and then waddled my way to the shower.

I ran into one of my friends the other day who also competes.  We had a great conversation about the year and various shows in the area.  But what stood out to me the most was how we both struggle sometimes during the "off" season.  Mentally, you just have to brace yourself because you put on some size, you're carrying a little more fat, your pale as a ghost, and honestly feel big as a barn sometimes.  Its hard.  You just have to keep reminding yourself that its necessary to be stage-ready in a few months...its the only way to get through it without hurting someone.  Unfortunately, she rebounded pretty bad after her last show.  It happens to competitors if they're not careful to reverse-diet and let their bodies adjust.  She'd dieted hard for over 3 months and after her show just wanted to EAT.  So she did...and continued to without gradually increasing calories.  She regrets it, and I understand why.  Her show was early November and she's already up 15+ pounds.  Hard lesson to learn, but its happened to many and you pick up and move on.

Speaking of, I had a client ask me today if I've lost weight...HA...I asked him if he was blind.  Definitely not.  I told him it was because for the first time in 2011 I was not wearing spandex.  Partly true.

Well, I can't believe this, but I've got about an hour before bed to do what I want.  Woohoo!  Honestly, I don't even want to move.  I want to sit here and type until I get carpol tunnel.  Eh,...I've got Christmas gifts to wrap and other things to take care of before Thursday calls my name.
Have a great night!

No comments:

Post a Comment