Monday, December 5, 2011

Shut-up and train

Today was a rough start for me.
I simply did not feel mentally and physically ready for today...but who honestly is on a Monday, right?  The weekend was good, just busy.  I taught hip-hop on Saturday, which was fun and one heck of a workout.  I was drenched in sweat by the end and my feet were worn out.  I stayed and kept dancing for about 30 more minutes simply because at the start of the new year I'll be teaching 2 classes back to back and just need to get used to it.  Believe me, I was ready to sleep or cry or both after that.  I needed some rest.

I took Sunday completely off from working out and allowed myself a couple of hours just to sit in the recliner and watch trashy TV for a couple of hours.  My guilty pleasure is Real Housewives and now Baseball Wives.  Ha....their reality is a joke....but it keeps me entertained.  Why they didn't contact me for baseball wives is a mystery.  Umm....riiiiiight.  Anyway, I was in bed before 9 last night.

Today started with a bang and I was sweating by 6:30am.  Story of my life.  I had a great morning with clients....even when I had to give my "Ladies-you're-not-going-to-get-huge-by-lifting-a-10-pound-dumbbell!" speech.  Ugh.  It blows my mind how many women believe that lie, and its probably the most common misconception I have to deal with when it comes to women and fitness.  Its like no matter how much scientific evidence I provide and explain, some women think they are somehow the exception to the rule.  Yeah,...you're not.  Unless you're on roids...so start lifting.  Sometimes I just want to shake some sense into them...

My workout today was great.  Hard, but great.  I had chest/triceps and finished with sprints.  For the record, I absolutely love chest flys...whether dumbbell or cable.  I feel like my chest will rip open and I love it.  I am a sick human being.  I get it.  Weights were heavy and I was pleased with the day.  Tomorrow's workout will be short and a little hectic, but I'll get it in one way or another.

Nothing else too exciting to elaborate on right now.  I need to get in bed asap and get ready for Tuesday...night folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment