Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Mo Mahi Mo Problems

Brussel sprouts.  I love them.  I halve them, spray with olive oil, sprinkle some garlic/sea salt, then bake them for about 40 minutes until the outsides are black/brown.  I am eating them right now with some over-priced fish.  Yes, I appreciate wild caught and support "all natural" with the best of them, but daggon if I want to spend $3.50 per serving.  Guess what?  In a few hours it will look the same as my hormone-infested chicken.  Its just a more expensive bowel movement.

Today was a great day.  It started off a little rough....as I've been taking ibprophen like tic-tacs, but thank God when "feeling nothing" is feeling awesome.  In combination with other pains, my left elbow is killing me.  Its a constant throbbing pain right where the long head of my tricep attaches...perhaps tendinitis, but honestly I've never had pain like this before for this long.  Surprisingly, the only time it does NOT hurt is when I'm lifting.  I did one heck of a chest workout Monday, and then shoulders today and nothing, no pain...then about an hour after my workout it was back.  Booooo...just annoying.
I was pleased with my weights this week though, and sprinting feels good.  The fact that my cardio is over in 20-25 minutes is a-m-a-z-i-n-g.  And it just took me about 12 seconds to type out that word.  Sad.

I had a client today going on about all the holiday functions and all-you-can-eat gatherings.  Ah yes, its that time of year.  She said she felt overwhelmed and like she had to eat at all these things even if she didn't want to.  Ok, no.  You go to a Christmas party to enjoy the fellowship, but no one is holding you down forcing bon-bons down your throat.  Its a choice.  If you have goals, then don't be afraid to tell others and be open about your health habits.  Truth is, they know they shouldn't go for a third helping of cheese dip, but its easier to label it as "obligatory holiday gorging" and head for the bowl.  Does that mean you can't enjoy anything at these events?  No.  But plan ahead.  Eat a little something before you go, always have a water in hand, and then set yourself a limit before you hit the door...4 different items, single serving of each.  Just an example.  That way you are mentally and physically prepared and do not feel completely deprived.  Just a thought...

Tomorrow is hump day....and my Friday.  I am taking Thursday off to JUST BE.  I need a little down time...24 hours will have to do for now.  I haven't planned much for that day, which is probably a good thing.  Hopefully it will be a quiet day....we'll see...

8:15 and I could sleep RIGHT NOW.  I need to wash my hair though...staff picture day tomorrow.  We are wearing blue.  For the record, I pretty much wear black everyday.  Thus, this picture is semi-false....oh for the sake of the team...

Ok, time for a little shut-eye...

2 comments:

  1. Thursday off? Oh man! Who do I have to work with then...blah. I hope you have a GREAT day to JUST BE, may it be a terrific and relaxing day! I'll see you after the holidays! Enjoy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your post title is very ironic - last night I ate some fish that I swear had gone bad. It didn't just smell fishy, it smelled funky. Yet somehow I still found myself eating it. And now I'm pretty sure I'm paying for it today. You wanted to know all that, right? :) I hope you have a really good day today - Lord knows you deserve the rest time! Hope your arm feels better...

    PS - I've been meaning to ask you about a sprint cardio workout. I'm curious to know what you think would be good for me...?

    ReplyDelete