Wednesday, November 2, 2011

...can't feel my lats...

November 2nd....so hard to believe.
Before I know it I'll be wrapping gifts and trying to keep Oscar from eating the ribbon.  Idiot thinks its grass.  Oh, its not...but comes out the other end looking exactly like it did going down.  Hope none of you are eating right now.  Just another perk to owning a cat...

Work was great today.  Although, I had one incident that bothered me.
I finished up an initial evaluation with a female high school athlete and was going over her stats with her.  5'9" and 145 pounds with an appropriate body fat to be considered "active and fit".  When I told her that I was happy with her weight (considering her height), she said "really?...because my mom says I weigh too much."  I literally wanted to smack the mom...or at least give her the "Next-time-you-get-a-thought-just-let-it-go" look.  Here's a young girl thinking that she's "overweight" because of some ignorant mother whose expertise is clearly not in this field.  For the record, 5'9" and 145 lbs. with an athletic build is completely acceptable.  She must have thought my 5'4" 130lb. frame was a tank....
I was just blown away and honestly felt sorry for the girl.  I hope that as we work together she begins to see what "healthy" and "athletic" really looks like...

As far as my workout goes, it was time to sprint baby.  Its been WEEKS since I've gone all out on sprints and I just felt the urge today.  I started off with a good warm-up and then cranked it on some flat sprints for 20 minutes.  The heartrate was up and my hamstrings were pulling.  What surprised me the most though was how much my feet were cramping.  Perhaps just from the actual pounding, but it was pretty intense by the end.  I finished with 20 more minutes of walking at incline 13.  I was pretty much done after that.  I spent about 10 minutes on the foam roller....where I continued to curse and sweat profusely (pretty much my life in a nutshell), but I needed it.  I am still unable to put all my weight on my quads on that thing.  The pain literally makes me want to throw up.  Not kidding.
Sooo....tomorrow will be chest and perhaps some core work.  My body is ridiculously sore from the last 2 days workouts.  If its possible to drown in lactic acid, I just might.  Enough whining...

Well, its about that time...night peeps!

2 comments:

  1. That mom's comment breaks my heart. I really hope this girl listens to you! I can't even imagine.

    I'm curious to know what shoes you wear when you work out or run sprints? My feet have been killing me lately and I know it's because I need to buy new shoes. Just curious!

    Have a good day...I miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love saucony because they are super-cushioned. I don't really need a ton of arch support, so I go for the softest thing possible. Saucony has been my go-to for about 8 years now, but everyone's idea of "comfort" is a little different :)

    ReplyDelete