Saturday, November 5, 2011

Decking my halls...

Saturday morning and I just finished bringing down all the Christmas decorations from the attic.  I would have done it last week but the person in my neighborhood with a 9 foot inflatable pumpkin in their front yard sort of put a damper on my Christmas spirit.  Actually, it was probably more my entire spirit and not just the Christmas aspect.  Nothing huge and inflatable should go in your yard.  Sorry, I can't take you seriously with a carnival going on in front of your house.  And not sure which is more depressing, that they actually like it, or that they spent over 5 bucks for it...
Ironically, I love Christmas lights.  My neighbor puts up lights that blink and play music....drives my OCD a little nuts, but he's living the Christmas dream.  Rock on baby, rock on...

Pretty pumped about class this morning.  I'm teaching hip-hop in a couple of hours...by far my favorite class to teach (outside of pure meat-head weight training).  Its fun, edgy, and makes me feel like I'm in college again,...well,...sort of.  I certainly was not dancing like that at 10 in the morning.  Got to draw the line somewhere.

Workouts this week were pretty solid.  I've been extremely sore since I did a little different split then normal just trying to mix things up.  Here's what it looked like:

M - Back/Shoulders
T - Quads/Biceps (Strength)/Tris
W - HIIT
Th - Chest/Biceps (Hypertrophy)
F - Hamstrings, glutes/Shoulders

I hit shoulders and biceps twice because I really need to work on my proportion.  I have "good sized" legs (nice way of putting it), so I need a balance up top to create more of a V-taper so my legs do not appear too big for my frame.  Work in progress...always...

My cardio today will definitely come from teaching the class and then I'll probably grab a quick jog tomorrow at some point.  Today is all about some hip-hop and Christmas...interesting combination, but I like to think that if it really is the most wonderful time of the year, shaking-what-your-mama-gave-ya totally fits in...

Have a great weekend :)  Ready to roll Monday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment