Monday, November 21, 2011

Stretchy pants and corn pudding

Monday!!
You would think that after a nap and going to bed at 8:15 last night that I'd be well rested....ha, not exactly the case today.
Everything felt heavy and I was more tired than I anticipated.  Not sure if it was possible to overdose on B-12, but by 11am I was willing to give it a try.

I was coming off of a busy weekend, but a great weekend.  I started off my Saturday morning with some cardio at our fitness center here in the neighborhood.  18 minutes into my jog and the treadmill nearly blew up.  Just completely stopped.  I was pressing buttons, unplugging things, hitting things,...no luck.  I was forced to do the unthinkable...finish on the eliptical.  For the record, my quads HATE the eliptical.  I can put that thing on level 4 and be wanting my mama after 5 minutes.  For 25 minutes I thought I was going to go nuts.  I'm serious.  I was breathing like an asthma patient and my feet were literally going numb.  What a horrible mental image...and sounds so pathetic...I get it.  But at 6am on Saturday morning, it was my reality. 
Later that day we went to the Elon/Appalachian football game, so I was stroking it in cornhole by noon.  Ok, sort of an exaggeration...our boards are pretty slick, so I was actually struggling to put some back spin on the stupid bags to keep them on the board.  I analyzed this way too much, but you get the idea.  We had a great time, but I was pretty pooped after that.  How did we do that in college??

Me and my brothers tailgating...



Yesterday was my much-needed day off.  I could hardly keep my eyes open and was pretty much forced into a nap by 3pm.  I didn't fight it.  As I said, in bed by 8:15 like a classic 75 year old....way to go me.

Today was a good day...great time with clients and many laughs.  Mondays demand laughter.  My workout was pretty solid, but I was struggling to keep the weight heavy.  I wasn't as focused as I would have liked, so I had to just plow through the workout without considering how tired I was.  I'm looking forward to another strength phase and a creatine cycle.  Thanksgiving Day should probably be my jump-start to it all....I mean, my God I will practically be in a food-coma by 4pm.  Do I splurge on Thanksgiving?  Uh....yeeeaaahh.  I strap on my stretchy pants and attack my plate like Agustus in the chocolate factory and pray my pancreas doesn't explode.
Then, its back on track Friday morning. Not going to lie, I feel pretty miserable that night and drink pepto like water, but its only once a year...

Whew, ok, time for bed.  Its almost 9...living on the edge here in Mebane...
Night folks :)

No comments:

Post a Comment