Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Food prep and brownie-blowout

Just started cooking for Thanksgiving and as I ripped open the brownie mix it exploded all over me and the floor.  Aaaaand, here we go.  I've got 4 more things to make, and if this is any indication of how its going to go I'm in trouble.

Today was a short work day, but certainly felt long enough.  It was a busy morning as Brian and I ran around like chickens with our heads cut off...needless to say I was sweating profusely.  I've got to seriously do something about that.  Honestly, if I had the means to get botox shots in my sweat glands I would do it in a heartbeat.  I remember taking acrobatics when I was younger and being the only person wearing my jazz shoes so my sweaty feet would not slip on the mats.  "How'd you bust your hip Meredith?"..."Oh, ya know...just doing a cartwheel with sweaty feet"....ridiculous.  All that to say it was a hectic, sweaty morning....

Then Zimm stopped in for a little welcome-home-from-college workout...great to see him!  We got to catch up for a bit which was great.  Speaking in his typical "tour" lingo, his seems to be rolling along nicely as he navigates junior year of college.
Workout today was solid.  I tried this pre-workout supplement that Brian bought and dear lord was I sweating.  Not sure what the caffeine content was, but I had cold sweats and felt slightly nauseous.  Ha.  I was able to keep the weights heavy though, so at that point I didn't really care how I felt.  It was shoulders and biceps today, and I am really digging the partial pull-ups on the rings for biceps.  Neutral position, a little 10 pounder hanging from the waist, then only pulling up to 90 degrees in the elbow...LOVE IT!  You might think that only pulling up halfway would be easier...ha, not so much.  Get your back out of the pull and then watch those biceps work baby!  Good lord I get way too excited over this stuff...

Ok,...Thanksgiving...
When I honestly think about it, we have soooo much to be grateful for on a daily basis.  Sadly, we usually let them slip into the back of our minds until we sometimes lose sight of the vary things that bring us contentment, joy, and satisfaction in life.  Here's my list of things I'm thankful for this year (and yes I will probably leave out some)...

* my basic needs are met everyday with no worry
* the opportunity to do what I love everyday
* the various personalities I get to work with...especially the ones who push me professionally
* friends who are honest, hold me accountable, and love me with all my flaws
* energy to get through 24 hours at a time
* family who are supportive, crazy, and keep my therapist in business
* OCD....it keeps me chronically on time, clean, and more organized than any one human being should be
* adversity
* peanut butter and 2-ply toilet paper (duh)

Oh and the list could go on...

Whew...ok, brownies are done and Ryan and begging for one...ummm, not going to happen.  Poor kid is going to do a number on his intestines tomorrow,...the brownie can wait.

Have a lovely Thanksgiving,...keep your blessings in mind, especially when a family member finishes off the last roll and you're ready to put them in a choke hold.  I totally understand...

:) Niiiight!

1 comment:

  1. I hear ya on the 2 ply toilet paper. I, too have a lot to be thankful for, one of which is having you as a friend, trainer and confidante. I hope you had a great Thanksgiving :)

    ReplyDelete