Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Feeling the fluff

"Do you ever have days when you just feel fat?" ...our pilates instructor asked me this today, and caught me off guard a little.  I laughed...YES!  The answer from every single female is YES when it comes to that question. 
I used to get so hung up on days when I felt like that.  It would completely effect my entire day and all my interactions with those around me.  Now, I just try to shrug it off and realize that its just a feeling...they come and go, and tomorrow may be different.  BUT, its definitely an inconvenient feeling 48 hours before Thanksgiving...100% I will feel fat that day.  Just being honest.

Today was a good day.  I had a good 'ol leg workout, and I swear I just did them....or at least it felt that way.  I switched up my order of exercises a little bit today and went hard on leg press to start.  Leg press before squats is like running a marathon before the marathon.  My legs were on fire.  Overall, I felt good about my workout, and finished with some calf work.  I can pretty much predict a midnight cramp-session.  I spent a few minute on the roller to help with any tightness, but after today's onslaught, I'll be walking like a cowboy tomorrow.

Speaking of tomorrow, I've got a hectic morning, and then I'm taking 1/2 the day off before Thanksgiving festivities.  And by festivities I mean driving all over God's creation to different family events to then stuff my face.  Who's with me?!
I have several food items to cook/bake tomorrow afternoon, so I'll be busy in the kitchen all afternoon.  I sound like Martha...geez.  Somewhere in all that I will squeeze in my workout and regain some sanity...

Well, time to clean up and then hit the bed.  I'm extremely tired and the longer I sit here the less likely I am to actually get up.  Don't doubt my ability to sleep sitting straight up....I mastered that a long time ago...

Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment