Thursday, July 21, 2011

Sweaty Sleigh Ride

I am completely irrational with my cat when I am tired and ready for bed. 
I just yelled at him because his poop smelled.  Seriously,...as if I expected a lavender/vanilla scented yankee candle to pop out of that joker.  He just looked at me as if to give me the finger...or paw...whatever.  Understandable, I get it.  However, he still licks his butt, thus I can't take him seriously...(one of my universal rules)...

Today ended up being a great day.  Had some excellent conversations with clients...although, I felt a little bad about getting on my 78 year old client about being late.  I mean my God, she's 78 years old.  I will purposefully be late to everything when I'm 78....just to say "screw you, I'm 78 years old...'on time' means absolutely nothing to me".  Truth is, we just give her a hard time because she, and her daughter, are never punctual.  It must be hereditary.

I also got to train a client I haven't seen in a few months, so that was awesome.  You're quickly reminded that training is more than just helping a body move better and get stronger.  You impact a mind and soul...and its ultimately about a relationship.  It was great to catch up, laugh, and make him appreciate normal breathing and a heartrate under 160.  A trooper for sure.

My workout today went better than I expected, considering how tired I was.  I hit a wall around 10:00 this morning that was about 2 notches below my 3pm wall.  It was pretty rough.  Nonetheless, once I started moving I was pretty good to go.  I had back and core...back weights were kept heavy...reps 5-10.  Then came some cardio.  This got comical.  I did the best cardio for people with ADD.  I started on the treadmill at the highest incline walking, then switched to the elliptical when the song changed on my iPod...back and forth.  By the time I got bored, it was time to switch.  Sort of like cardio for 6 year olds, but whatever it worked.  35 minutes went by a lot faster than I expected.  Here's the greatest part...
When I got done with weights I had to switch off the angry rock music...mainly because if I built up anymore aggression, I would have to enter cage fighting.  So for cardio I wanted to go with something that would not make me anymore angry than I'd already be from doing cardio.  Am I making sense?  Thus,...I ended up listening to my Christmas music mix.  I know, I've lost my mind.  I only listened to the faster songs, and delightfully discovered that the majority of Christmas songs are less than 3 minutes....which meant I was moving from one machine to the next like a cardio-crazed crackhead.  It was sick...I actually could not help but be happy while listening to that music.  I love it.  My thought process would go something like this:...."Oh man this walking is horrible...ooo Santa!....ugh, I can't feel my legs....ah yes, its the most wonderful time of the year!....this elliptical is straight from Satin himself.....deck the halls!..."   It was like I was so angry about the fact that I couldn't be angry because I was happy. You can see how this cardio session turned into a comic strip pretty quickly.  Eh,...whatever it takes to get it done...

Time for some sleep.
Great day....good friends...good workout...smelly cat poo...my day is complete...
Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment