Monday, July 25, 2011

Still sweating...

At 8:00 this morning she made my day and didn't even realize it...

If you can't appreciate that, I feel sorry for you.  We cannot be friends.

Today was an interesting and eventful day to say the least.  It started off pretty normal for a Monday and then by 3pm there we are without power and sweating like criminals as the thermostat continued to rise well above the 72 degrees its normally on.  I decided right then and there that I have no desire to do hot yoga, work outside, or live in Kenya.  Yes, we are spoiled with air conditioning...and if ever I develop a problem with that, I'll let you know.  Until then, I will continue to cope with the nosebleeds I get from jacking the AC up......seriously, twice yesterday...

As far as workouts, I took Saturday off (unintentionally), and then did intervals yesterday.  I prefer to take Sundays off, but I ended up having coffee for 5 hours with a friend/mentor on Saturday, which sort of caused a domino effect on the rest of my day.  It was worth it...and you would think we could have solved all the world's problems after that.  Nope.  Not even our own.  But I had a nice coffee-buzz going and was pretty much ready for anything after that.

Today's workout went well...I felt a somewhat mentally distracted, but got through it.  I hit chest, shoulders, core, and finished with a 3 mile run.  I honestly do not like doing shoulders after chest, but I also need to hit them twice a week.  So fitting them in on Monday is about as good as I can do right now until I switch my split again in a few weeks.  I might have to go back to legs on Wednesdays.  Ugh.  Hump day is long enough, I know,...this could get ugly.  Onward I roll...

I got to see my nieces today.  Well, Payton was actually asleep, but I still peeked in on her while I was there.  She was laying spread eagle on her back with one hand behind her head, one foot hanging out of the crib, and no diaper.  Like a champ.  She is rebelling against a diaper while she's mastering the art of "going potty" like a big girl.  At what age is it no longer cute to be caught with your pants down??  Just curious...

And its about that time...bedtime.  Leg day tomorrow.  I swear it feels like every time I turn around I have to squat.  Ahhh.  Story of my life.

Nice to see Kelsey just before she headed out to return to UNCG today.  Its been a good summer Kels!  Many laughs that's for sure...

Bedtime for MF...(my initials,...don't act so offended...ironic, I know).  Night folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment