Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Empty bowl

There I was...driving down the highway towards work....about 15 minutes away...then I realized I forgot my "2nd" breakfast.  You would have thought someone crapped on my windshield and insulted my mom.  I about lost it.  I looked at the clock and knew I had absolutely no time to turn around....believe me, if I did, I would.  I am chronically scheduled and planned, so when I forget something its like the onset of Armageddon.  Not to mention, if I don't eat every 3 hours, I get cranky.  Things the world does not need...

Sooo, I had to eat meal #3 in place of meal #2.  At 8:30 in the morning I was gnawing on chicken and spinach.  I love chicken....but I was not happy about eating it before noon.  I made a few adjustments to get in all my calories, but I was pretty darn hungry by dinner.  Giant salad with grilled pork tenderloin, tomatoes, and cottage cheese....rocks my world.  Right now it doesn't take much, let's be honest.

Workout today was great.  Legs and biceps.  I started on leg press, so by the time I got to squats it was just plain comical.  I cranked the weight up on hamstring curls, which was awesome...despite the fact that sitting on the toilet tomorrow will be painful.  Thank God for handicap rails.  Bicep routine went well.  Really trying to work on my left side contraction.  I lose it way before my right gives out and its extremely frustrating.  I naturally want to cock that shoulder back and let my rear delt and lat help out.  So fighting that urge on reps 9 and 10 is just that,...a fight.  The body is very smart in that sense.  It will find the path of least resistance until you tell it not to.  So keep telling it not to!
Thankfully, no cardio today.  There will be time for that tomorrow...hump day.  Woohoo.

I trained my sister-in-law today for the first time.  After baby #2 she is ready to get back in shape.  She's always been more of a "cardio queen", so pushing her on the weights was great.  We laughed, she was probably cursing me in her head, but all in all it was awesome.  I always appreciate friends/family coming to me for workout advice/training.  It lets me know they trust me and will therefore allow me to push them.  I'm good at that.  I push.  Is that a legitimate talent because that's pretty much all I do. 
Kelly got a good workout, pushed through the tough moments, and probably went home to tell Payton that "Aunt Mena is craaaazzyyy in the gym!"  Its ok, I get it...

Time to cook some more meat for the next couple of days, clean dishes, and fold the load of laundry that's been sitting in my floor since Saturday.  Eh,...no fun.  Have a great night.  Tomorrow awaits...

1 comment:

  1. I'm still waiting to find out what the measurements are for your ground turkey/spinach/cottage cheese balls. Is that what you forgot to bring today? Those things always look so yummy...

    Thank you again for another great workout - it's not just that I enjoy, talking to you is always an added bonus. :)

    ReplyDelete