Monday, July 11, 2011

She's baaacccckkkkk...

Holy crap....its after 10 and this will be the fastest post in the history of mankind.
I am officially back from my vacation in Texas and in the process of doing laundry, baking chicken, scooping Oscar's shitty litter box, etc...in preparation for the beginning of my workweek tomorrow.

It was a great vacation...but adjusting to Ryan's schedule is like kicking me in the face...and then the crotch.  I am used to getting up at 4:30, work until 6 or 7, then in bed between 9 and 9:30.  Ryan's schedule is exactly the opposite since he coaches baseball.  Example...I get down there Thursday night around 11 because Delta Airlines decided it would be cool to keep me in the Atlanta Airport an extra 2 hours, (for the record, not cool).  I head straight to the baseball field where they are finishing up a double header.  I finally get to hold my husband for the first time in 6 weeks by 11:45 that night after the game.  He's ready for some food, so we grab food, a couple of drinks, and bed by 2:30.  Up at 9:30 the next day, workout, eat, then head to the baseball game.  Bed by 2:30.  Repeat.  My body was cursing me.  Talk about a schedule adjustment!  Thankfully, I was able to get a full 7 hours of sleep each night,...otherwise someone's life would have been in danger.

Did I relax a little and enjoy some "junk food?"  Yes.  I had french fries (ok, only a handful), but that was the first time I'd eaten those in at least 5 years.  Beer, peanut m&m's, and I even tried fried pickles.  I lost 2 pounds.  Simply getting in the amount of food/protein I need to maintain weight was hard when I slept in so late everyday.  It was nice to splurge a little, but my body is eager to get back into my normal routine.  Well, I say that now, but 4:30 tomorrow morning will come extremely early.  Ugh...

Ok, I've still got to pack my gym bag and fold some laundry....
Mer is officially back and ready to roll.  Night folks :)

1 comment:

  1. Welcome back!! I'm sorry I missed you today, but I'm glad you had fun. Well, it sounds like it was fun apart from the beating your body took to adjusting to a new schedule. How exactly does someone go about losing 2lbs by eating peanut m&m's and French fries? Yes I know, only a handful. :) See you soon, I hope!

    ReplyDelete