Tuesday, July 19, 2011

No looking back

I am in love with avocado right now.  I can't explain it, but it is like a party in my mouth...a fatty, smooth, green partaaaayyy.  Yes, I realize I am more excited than I should be about it, but hey, its about the little things...

What a great day.
I woke up feeling a little sluggish, but by 6:30 was ready to roll.  My first client and I enjoyed several laughs as we discussed parenting skills.  Yes, this was a little comical because neither of us have kids...but we established some basics.  Our biggest thing was parents who will literally sit there and argue with a 4 year old about what they will/will not do.  Really?  That's a pretty standard understanding in my book....I will not argue with anyone who still wets the bed.  That basically covers everyone under the age of 7 and a handful of drunken roommates in college.  Either way, excellent rule...
No we are not experts, but judging by my shrink's completely full schedule, neither is anyone else...

On to my workout. 
I had legs and biceps today.  Seriously, awesome workout.  I was able to roll from one thing to the next, heartrate maintaining between 168 and 192.  I kept weights heavy, reps 10-12 on most, and finished with a 15 minute bike ride.  Yeah, it was the longest 15 minutes ever.  I am not a fan of the bike.  It hurts....in many ways.  La Tour de France is like one long chafing match and I can't imagine how those men feel.  Actually, I think they are nuts.  It was 9 degrees during their ride today. Nine.  There is not much I would want to do in spandex in 9 degree weather...definitely not ride a damn bike.  Anyway, it did help get some of the lactic acid build up out of my legs though.  So hopefully tomorrow will not be so rough.  Donkey kicks on the cables rocked my world today.  The rear was scream'n.  Great move to hit the upper glutes.  Just in case I need to moon someone, I want it to be delightful...and perky...
All in all, great workout.

Boy did I hit a wall about 2:30.  I came back from Target, (where I was on my mission to get avocados like it was pain meds), and I went straight to the massage room for a nap.  I was out.  I woke up about 20 minutes later just so angry.  I can't explain it...I think it started when I was little.  My mom would come in all happy, literally singing to wake me up...(you can imagine how traumatizing this is for a cynical child)...and anyway, I just would not say a word until I was about to walk out the door for school.  She said I was so angry in the morning.  I say she was borderline high.  Either way, I've never been a happy-wake-up person, and today was no different.  I woke up from my nap and literally started pouting.  How ridiculous.  By 4pm I was over it, thank God...for the sake of everyone.

Guess what,....still not drinking my coffee in the afternoon.  I honestly think Zimm broke me of that habit.  Ugh, mad but ok with it at the same time.  I think I've just switched habits....now its a second B-12 supplement and a glass of green tea around 2:30.  100% natural baby...its about as close to "going green" as I'm going to get.  Thanks Zimm ;)  Time to start prying me away from another addiction of mine....take your pick...(except shoes, I will defriend you)...

Well, another day in the books.
Tomorrow awaits.
I'll leave you with this one last thought to marinade on for a bit....

"Every adversity, every failure, every heartache carries with it the seed of an equal or greater benefit."

No comments:

Post a Comment