Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Fill'r up!

Ah yes, hump day.
I was able to start off my day with coffee in an actual mug...love that.  That first sip is intoxicating.  Best way I know how to describe it.  Here I am totally justifying addiction....eh, there are worse things...like illegal addiction....and license plates that say NEED4SPD.  That is dumb,...no one is intimidated by it,...and I'm fairly certain you've actually lost friends over it...way to go...

The morning was great...caught up with a few clients and laughed hysterically with some.  Speaking of mornings...here are the specifics on my breakfast #2 that a few of you asked about...I call it Almost-better-than-sex-egg-n-turkey-concoction:

(Makes 6)
5 egg whites
~1/3 c thawed and drained spinach
2 oz. ground turkey/turkey sausage
1/4 c cottage cheese (or any other cheese you want)
1/4 c crushed flax cereal (or any kind of "flake" cereal)...optional
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp stevia extract
Dash of salt

1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Whisk all ingredients together and add a little water if its way too thick.
3. Pour into muffin tin and top with a little more crushed cereal.
4. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown on top.

I top mine with sugar free syrup and it quickly becomes morning sex in a bowl.  I love it...probably my favorite meal of the day.  A little over 30g of protein in that meal alone...that's what I'm talking about baby!  I should post my recipe for pumpkin pancakes as well...topped with peanut butter...again, almost better than sex....depending on the day...

Ok, so today was just cardio...4 mile run...comfortable pace, heartrate around 155-160.  I honestly felt good by the end.  I thought I'd be more sore from yesterday's leg workout, but I was good to go.  Butt is sore, but that is manageable...its the quads that kill me.  Really looking forward to tomorrow's workout...back and core.  The wide grip pull-ups are coming along...up to 4 sets of 8-10 bodyweight.  It always amazes me how one small change in hand positioning can make a HUGE difference in difficulty.  Narrow grips are almost fun compared to wide.  But then again its all relative from person to person...

8:46 and there's a sink full of dishes....oh, and that load of laundry I intended to fold yesterday?...yup, still sitting there.  Champion procrastinator.  I figure if you're going to do something, do it right :)

Night!!

2 comments:

  1. Abdominal exercises for beginners and can be taken to advanced versions to continue strengthening the rectus abdominus and oblique abdominal muscles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for posting the recipe for your sex-in-a-bowl! Ok that's probably what I'm going to start calling it. I am going to a going-away party on Sunday..wonder how these would go over. ;)

    Sorry I missed you again today, but I look forward to seeing you tomorrow afternoon!

    ReplyDelete