Wednesday, July 13, 2011

50% natural...50% not so much

Hump day never ceases to amaze me.
It feels longer than it actually is...the "hump" grows every week, I swear.  But all in all a great day.  I was able to spend some quality time with a couple of clients who are going through some "rough patches" if you will.  So you know me, Miss Positive Patty, here to save the day.  Riiiiight.  Truth be told, I struggle to see the positive in many situations and prefer the "worst case scenario" approach.  Hence one reason why I have anxiety.  Shocker.  But its definitely hard for me to watch clients/close people in my life who are generally "happy" people, struggle with depression or ultimately feel hopeless.  Part of me wants to yell, "You're a happy person!...What's wrong with you?!  If YOU lose hope, I am screwed because my glass is already half empty!!"  Ok, things not to say.  But seriously, it was great simply to offer encouragement and even add a little humor to their day.  What a reminder to enjoy the "good" days....

Speaking of good days...today I had a leg workout.  Oh the irony.  I was actually pretty pumped for it....why, I have no clue.  I did legs, biceps, and finished with some cardio.  I'll definitely be ready when my lifting schedule gets back to normal next week.  My days are a little off right now and I am having anxiety about it.  Story of my life.

Workout:
Squats  15, 12, 10, 8
Alternating leg press 3 x 10 each
Hamstring curls  3 x 10
Walking lunges 3 x 8 each
Leg ext 3 x 10, drop set on #3
Lat bar curls 4 x 10
Alternating incline curls (8x)/ss EZ bar curls (8x)  4x
Cardio

I am pooped.  Returning from vacation has been a very rude awakening and beat me over the head every single day this week.  One more day and then I get to sleep in on Friday....6am here I come baby. 

I just cooked a chicken breast that literally weighed 18oz.  Hormone-free my ass.  The chicken was sporting a DD before heading to the factory.  Sure, I'd love to eat organic EVERYTHING if I could, but my God its expensive.  Yesterday I blew through 6 eggs, 4 oz of turkey, and 12 oz of chicken in protein products alone...there's absolutely no way I could afford organic.  So, I deal with oversized chicken breasts, save money, and ingest animal steroids on a daily basis.  Yum.

Ok, time for bed.  Its 9pm and I have reached a point beyond worthlessness.  Thursday awaits...along with my sanity.  Night :)

No comments:

Post a Comment