Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Game...Set...Match

I woke up in sweats this morning.
I dreamed that my friend and I were in a tennis match...apparently I was going all out the entire time.  No worries, we won.  And thankfully I managed to stay in the bed the entire time.  Many a time I've woken up on the floor or standing straight up on the bed yelling like a lunatic.  My sister-in-law says my older brother does it as well.  And my younger brother used to sleep walk.  One morning my mom found him in the front yard.  She nearly freaked out....meanwhile the rest of us thought it was hilarious.  What are siblings for, right?...

Well, today was a good day.  All I had was cardio and I felt e-v-e-r-y step.  My legs are extremely sore from yesterday, so trying to maintain my average jog speed was work in itself.  I ran 4 miles then finished on the spin bike.  I know I know, I can't believe I got back on the dern thing, but I needed a break from the treadmill.  My Achilles was throbbing quite a bit on my left leg, so moving to the bike was probably smart.  But let me tell ya,...the second my rearend touched that seat, I was reminded of why I never get on there.  Just from the 15 minutes I was on there yesterday, my butt was beyond sore.  I want a doughnut seat for that thing.  I kept moving positions from sitting upright to leaning forward, to halfway forward...it was like choosing between seeing your mom or dad naked.  Either way, its ALL horrible.  Besides the extreme soreness, my cardio went well and I was pleased.  Done and done.

Tomorrow mama's got back and core.  Big day....can't wait.
Its not even 8:30 and I could crawl in bed right now...which is exactly where I'm headed.  My mom sent me this interesting article the other day about sleep/rest.  It basically said that our society views the day like this: prepare for the day...work...then rest.  With the idea that rest is what is needed as a result of a long hard day.  The problem with this is that we ultimately work until we are completely drained and then merely squeeze in sleep at the end.  Instead, this article suggested that our day should actually begin the night before.  That our perspective on sleep/rest should change and ultimately become a priority.  So what happens when we think of sleep as our preparation for the following day, we make it an essential part of our routine and value it as such.
It was very interesting and truly made me stop and think about how often I say "I'm tired" or "I'm exhausted"...simply because I didn't get in bed early enough or allow myself some down time in preparation for the week ahead.  Definitely something to think about...

On that note, I'm headed to bed.  4:30 will come early and there's a 99% chance I will groan and maybe even curse when the alarm goes off...

Night folks!!

No comments:

Post a Comment