Monday, July 18, 2011

Beep Beep...who got the keys to da jeep?!

First of all, its 159 days til Christmas...yes, I start counting early.  I even watched Home Alone I last night to get me in the mood.  Still my favorite movie and not surprisingly, I can recite every single line.  (My other talent). 

I got to spend Saturday with my sister-in-law and my two nieces.  We even did some grocery shopping and I pushed Payton around in one of those carts with the car attached to the front.  You know the ones...as if I'm not dangerous enough with the cart by itself,...let's strap a child to the front.  I should have worn a fanny pack to complete the look.  I can't tell you how many times I ran into a display.  Poor Payton probably got whiplash.  At one point I look down and she's got her left leg propped up and hanging out with one hand on the steering wheel.  It was the G-rated version of Pimp My Ride.  We had a great time, which was topped off when she dropped her pants in the middle of the parking lot to use the bathroom.  Classic.  I would've given her candy to go #2...

Cardio this weekend didn't exactly go as planned.  I thought for sure I'd get out Saturday morning for a little 6-miler...uuhhh...not so much.  After staying up a later than normal the night before, I overslept and had to settle for 4.  Sunday I stuck to a combination walk/jog on the treadmill for 40 minutes.  Nothing exciting.  And the only good thing about hitting days back to back was that I could just focus on my lifting today...which proved to be plenty.  I was extremely tired this morning even before I started.  Everything felt heavier than normal, which I hate.  But, the reality is that everyday will not feel like a great day.  You just have to move forward, push harder.  I did chest, shoulders, and core.  Reps 8-12.  Hard core workout...feels like I have gas....just my lower abdominal muscles cursing me.

So I won't get into it too much right now, but I am not doing the November show.  Like I said before, I talked to my doctor and its just best right now if I postpone the stage until next year.  Its disappointing, but its life.  Change of focus for the time being, but still headed in the right direction.

So the biggest thing for me now is to get my metabolism back up.  Because I had to keep my calories a little lower since April, ( not knowing if I was going to do the show in November), my maintenance level has dropped, and the amount of carbs my body can handle has decreased as well.  Time to bring those numbers back up.  This can be tricky, but thankfully the body is very adaptive and should respond easily over time.

I'm seriously about to fall sleep sitting straight up.  Got a tough leg day coming up and need some good rest. 

Great to see Kels, Zimm, and Morv today!!  Yall make my day :)

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for another great workout - I really missed you guys last week and it's amazing what one week off from lifting heavy-(ish?) can do. It's not just the workout though, I love talking to you and so appreciate you entertaining Chloe. As soon as I put her in the car she conked out...I didn't even have to start the engine.

    I meant to ask you about the November show - I'm glad you're not too down about everything and realize that you can always do it in the future. You're so in tune with your body and how it responds to everything. I so admire that...I need to work on doing the same!

    Thanks again..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maintain consistent time for the exercise core workout. Studies have shown that 60 minutes of workout is best. You can do at least 30 minutes of exercise to experience any benefits of weight loss in the beginning.

    ReplyDelete