Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Strip search

The past 2 days have felt like 4, and I am going to completely crash tonight.  Its 8:30 and I'm not even halfway done with this monstrous of a salad I made.  I got all lettuce happy....started chopping, and the next thing I knew the cutting board looked like a salad bar exploded.  My mouth hurts from chewing.

Normally, I only have cardio on Wednesday, but I had to change my workout schedule this week since I'm leaving tomorrow.  So I had chest, biceps, and sprints today.  I honestly thought my weights on flat and incline DB press would be more, but I think the fact that my shoulders were so sore from Monday effected today's lift.  I tapped out sooner than I'd hoped, but some days are harder than others.  Overall, I was pleased with the workout despite the weight being slightly lower than expected...

Workout:
Flast DB press 4 x 6-8
Incline DB press 4 x 6-8
DB flys 4 x 6-8
Cable flys (12x)/ss push-ups to failure  3 sets
Standing BB curl - drop set 4 x 7/7
Alternating incline curls 4 x 8 each
Sprints

So the plan is to just do cardio tomorrow...before I have to sit on a plane for 5 hours and deal with screaming children and the one person with flu-like symptoms in the middle of July.  Needless to say, the combination of both makes for a long trip.  And its inevitable that someone wants to tell me their life story on the plane.  I have a sign on my forehead with flashing lights that says "I want to know everything!  Tell me!"  Its absurd.  I now wear my headphones even if my iPod is off from the moment I step on the plane.  I just want to sit there, enjoy a book, listen to music, and keep myself calm enough so I don't react to the child behind me kicking my seat like its a soccer ball.  Don't get me wrong, I will turn around in a heartbeat and give him the "I no longer think your cute and Santa doesn't like you and he's not real" look.  Generally, they catch on....I seem to have that effect on kids who don't know me. But my point is, that when I get a little vacation...I need it, and long for some time to mentally and physically relax.  I'd say its about that time...

When I get back, I've got some decisions to make about this next competition.  Truth is, I need to talk to my doctor about a few concerns, and that will ultimately determine if I will do the show in November.  I have about 10 days to decide, and if my doctor is not in favor of it, I would really struggle with going against her advice/warning for the sake of wanting to get on stage.  While I believe there are times when you allow your desire and drive to override outside doubts, there are certainly times when you have to be wise and consider possible long term consequences.  So that's where I am at the moment...

Well, I've got lots of packing to do...and figure out a way to only take 3 pairs of shoes.  Not likely.  And then there's the issue of packing protein powder.  I always portion it out beforehand into little baggies.  Yeah, you can see where this is going....powder...in small bags...going through security....they look at me like I am already guilty and there I go being pulled aside for a search.  My "drugs" smell like chocolate...now they really hate me.  Ah yes, my travel experience is always entertaining to say the least...

Alright...time to start packing...night!

1 comment:

  1. I hid my baggies of protein powder rolled up in my underwear when I flew to MN for the marathon, they never saw it (or they didn't dare see it). :)

    I hope you have a GREAT time!! I'll pray that no kids seat anywhere near you. :)

    Take care

    ReplyDelete