Monday, September 2, 2013

My Baby.......But Not Really...

I'm alive,...but have no clue where the last 4-5 days went.
Despite being off work today, I crammed in as much as possible since 5am as any functional human being could. 
I hit a wall at 2pm,...laid on the bed, ...watched Millionaire Matchmaker,...felt broke yet completely normal,...and then was back at it by 3.  Yes, that is one of my guilty-pleasure shows.  Like a moth to a flame.
Perhaps it is me being naive and totally oblivious to the power of money, but the whole thing blows my mind.  I would last about 2 seconds with some of those people before I'd have to claim a bad case of gout and excuse myself.  Somehow I think it sounds better than "I'm glad you're a millionaire and its not that I don't like you,...I just wish your dad had used a condom."
Most people don't take that too well.
Understood.

So back to my craziness I call life...
The past few days have been a blur with work, writing, getting ready for this shoot, and trying to stay sane.  (The latter is quite the venture).
I am very pumped about the workouts that will be in the book...over 70 of them, so strap on the big boy/girl pants and get your mind right.  I included all levels of experience and all types of methods...drop sets, supersets, pre-fatigue sets, giant sets, timed, etc etc...
I get carried away when it comes to body assault via weight-room ;)
It includes various workout splits and suggestions, as well as motivation along the way.  So much.  This is my baby.
...that requires no wipes
...or breastfeeding
...ok fine, not really like a baby at all....except that I conceived it...alone...wow, again, nothing like a child.  I'm done.

Busy day tomorrow.
I'm only working 2 days this week, but I have people crammed in there back to back and so help me God if someone is late.  I'll have a melt down.  Its one of my things....being late doesn't "rub me the wrong way"...it flogs me.  2-3 minutes, fine, I get it...but I'm always amazed by the number of people who seem to have adopted their own time zone...somewhere between "late" and "I thought you were dead."
Slightly anal about the whole thing.  Its my dad's fault.
We were the only family waiting at the gate before Disney World opens.  As if we weren't going to be there the next 10 hours, see e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g, and then get reprimanded for wanting a water break in 95 degree heat.  No seriously.  It usually went something like this, "Food?  What?  You've only been walking for 5 hours...what's wrong with you?..."
There I was at Epcot envious of the 5 year old in mouse ears gnawing on a $8 Klondike bar.  I would have literally punched him and risked the punishment for that stupid bar.
...I now completely understand where my crazy comes from. 

Ok, I am spent.
Busy day tomorrow and if I don't get some sleep I will be in rare form by noon....the world is simply not ready for that...

No comments:

Post a Comment