Sunday, September 22, 2013

Birthday Girl and Danny The Dino

What a weekend.
I swear every Sunday I suffer from post traumatic stress syndrome.  I'd blame myself except its easier to point the finger, let's be honest.
It was a weekend of family,...which is always entertaining.
Sparkles turned 59 on Friday, and today we celebrated with well,..sparkles, pork chops, and a mechanical dino named Danny.  I'll get back to him in a second...
But first, ah yes, the birthday girl...
Happy birthday mom, I love you, and wouldn't be who I am today without the emotional scarring of my childhood,...ok and your constant cheerleading.  Both are appreciated on some level,...perhaps the same level oddly enough...




Gathered around the table, it was a family lunch consisting of enough meat to feed the 5000 with/without the help of Jesus.  My dad gets carried away with the grill...no seriously, I think he has a problem.
Most people leave a birthday get-together with a party favor,....I left with a 8oz pork chop in a baggy.
I won't complain.
Like candy to a baby.

Ok, let me briefly explain the dino...
I can't remember if they got it at a yard sale or from their neighbors, but that is only a minor detail to the sight that sits in the living room like a piece of ride-able modern art.
Actually, its more like a mechanical bull for toddlers, but being a dinosaur makes it "ok" I guess.
The thing literally growls, eats, blinks, wags his tail,...its ridiculous.  The original owners said it was a gift to their son from grandparents.  For the record, a $600 mechanical dino is not a gift.  Its a I-feel-guilty-I-never-see-you-so-here's-a-huge-obnoxious-toy-that-will-probably-make-your-parents-sentimental-gift-look-like-crap package.
Nonetheless, it is now property of Pops and Granna, and offers entertainment for hours.

So after some cake, which was apparently laced with energy shots and some cra-cra juice, things got unruly in the Parker house.
Danny was one ride away from a blow out, hernia, or both.

We are easily entertained.
And quite honestly, I am jealous of the dino.  We never had that growing up.  We had dad's back,...which was good for about 3 laps around the living room and then it was back to blocks and barbies.  And no one informed me that once you cut barbie's hair, it won't grow.  At 5 years old after a 22 second mediocre back ride and experiencing bald-barbie, you might as well have dropped the Santa bomb on me and called it a night.
You see where the emotional scarring comes into play...

And that was Granna's 59th birthday celebration....

I still have to touch on the football game Saturday night, but that may have to wait until tomorrow...more pictures with that as well...but this is how it began..

 I seriously wouldn't trade my family experiences for anything.
But a little more butt-room would have been optimal in this case....

Well, tomorrow looks to be a busy day, and busy week ahead.  I've got several new clients starting and a new article in the works.  Pretty pumped about this one.
Ok fine, I get pretty excited about all of them, I know.  I can't help it.
I start writing and then all of a sudden I get carried away and the next thing I know I've written more than enough and my arthritis is flaring up.
Problematic.
And as always, I am open to suggestions/questions/etc...often times its your questions that spark the idea.  Unless its a dumb one,...yes, I believe in stupid questions.  I know I know, that is not what they teach you in school, but they also teach that you can be whatever you want to be when you grow up.  Ehhh,...I'd argue that.  My dreams of becoming an politician were pretty much shot down after a few mooning incidences in high school. 
I'm lying (ah see, I would have been great),...actually I never dreamed of that,...for the sake of humanity as a whole...

Its about that time.
Have a wonderful night folks, and its back to the grind tomorrow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment