Monday, September 30, 2013

35 Years Later...

A little mid-Monday post coming your way.
In about an hour or so this freight train will be headed for a wall, so I figured I better start typing before sanity goes and the filter is off.
Joking,...sort of...

It was a weekend full of coffee meetings with friends and one heck of a lazy Sunday afternoon.  My butt landed on the couch around 4pm, and at that point I was fighting a losing battle.  I dozed off and on for a couple of hours before actually getting up and facing life once again.
I have nothing to say for myself except that I was tired and needed some mindless time.  Honestly, had Oscar not jumped on my chest like a mini-tramp, I could have laid there another 2 hours.
Feline ruins it every time...

Trained dad this morning, and there is no denying his work ethic...that man will absolutely push himself until I'm sure he questioned the benefit of my existence.  However, he has become the official gym greeter and I'm afraid we may have to start cutting him a check.
He will literally speak to everyone.
Kind?  Absolutely.
But every now and then I'm like "Dad,...hey dad,....seriously dad....DAD!", and then I digress to being the horrible middle child again for the sake of a workout that doesn't involve 12 conversations.  It is comical and yet par for the course.
Going out in public with him is like walking with a non-celebrity that acts like a celebrity.  Waves, smiles, says hello..."Dad, who was that?"...
"I don't know."
"You realize that is creepy for 97% of the population, right?"
(fully ignoring the comment in mid-wave to stranger #63) "Hey how are ya?!"
...dear lord...
Gotta love the man.
And speaking of, a big Happy Anniversary wish to him and Sparkles...today marks 35 years..

They've clearly figured something out or either have great prescriptions.  Perhaps a combination of both.
In love as ever....so I let the PDA slide...

Back to the grind...
Long Monday, and hard to believe tomorrow is October.  Pretty soon I'll be slapping up Christmas decorations and justifying a $7 fajita maker on Black Friday because its 2am and by God what a deal.
That one was for you Kelly ;)
Great memories...

Here's to another Monday!


No comments:

Post a Comment