Wednesday, October 2, 2013

NY Bound and Oral Issues...

Where do I begin...

Since Monday I'm fairly certain my ability to run on adrenaline and a relatively high dose of protein+caffeine+sarcasm has increased tenfold.  At least I'm not in denial about it....however, any attempt to change such is met with complete rebellion.

Its been a busy week with clients, other business work, and....booking my girls weekend in NY!  Believe it or not, this caboose has never made it to the big city.
I know.
Almost anti-American.
Thus, after being on this planet 30 years, it was well over-due.
I am going with 2 women I basically grew up with through middle school, volleyball, college, and after seeing my bare rearend more times than any person should, remain my friends.
So when I get an email verifying the hotel and informing me to pack my party pants, naturally I pack a helmet as well.
I like to be prepared.  Apparently for parties and concussions.
Ironically, Sparkles and her side kick Happy Feet are going up 2 weeks later.
New York, brace yourself.  The Parkers are coming.

So, I'm about to expose an oral issue.  And when I say "issue" its more like an addiction...but issue sounds better.  Lets go with that.
A little over a year ago, I was challenged to give up chewing gum for a month.  Sounds pretty simple and yet by day 3 I was ready to strangle a goat for the sake of 2 orbits and a slab of Wrigley's.  Perhaps more of it has to do with the fact that if I don't have gum in my mouth I am constantly yawning.  Slightly problematic when counting to 10 while someone is sucking wind and cursing my existence.  I can't time-out for a yawn,...practically like kicking them while their down.
Therefore, I chew.
And literally chew until my jaw hurts and the gum has a beef-jerky texture and is causing arthritis in my face.
All that to say that with the stress and what not of late, my "oral issue" has only gotten worse and I need to swear it off completely.  I don't do moderation with gum.  I know my limitations.  I mean my God, I walked up to the BP counter after work with 3 packs of gum and some tic-tacs,....the lady looked at me like threw condoms, a handy snack, and a roll of duct tape up there.
$6 worth,...knowing that had I waited to get to Sam's Club I could have bought a case for that amount, stood behind the person buying 10lbs worth of beenie weenies, and completely avoided the judgement altogether.
But there I was, getting my fix for $6.
A weakness exposed.  There ya go.
God help everyone when I give it up.  Suddenly I feel like a smoker, but with better breath and ok, a decreased chance of death.
Ok, not the same, bad analogy.
You get the point.

Time for bed.
Back at it again tomorrow for another long day...

No comments:

Post a Comment