Saturday, August 3, 2013

Braid It or Shave It

My productivity level on a Saturday morning is pretty unbelievable.
No, I'm not chasing kids around so I should get a lot done, but the Sandman just may have slipped me some speed at 5am.  I was up and ready to roll.

Perhaps I needed to make up for my somewhat lazy day yesterday.
I worked in the morning, but after that I hit the pool.  I get a call from Happy Feet and Sparkles at 10am that they are on their way up to join me.
Dear Lord.
Honestly, it was a good time, but at one point Dad was trying to justify not learning how to text, giving me a lecture on technology while rubbing through his chest hair.  Its weird, but its what he does if his shirt is off. 
Finally I had to stop the madness.
"Dad, I can't take you seriously with chest hair that looks like an overflow of Santa's beard.  Get it under control."
That led into a brief and disturbing conversation about waxing...of which I was reminded that over 50% of my dysfunctions are sitting beside me...
One in a sparkle foam visor, and the other in much need of a razor and a cell phone tutorial.

Seriously though, I needed the pool-side-nap(s).
I was out.
Body was tired, brain was tired,...it was perfect timing to get some vitamin D.

Now I've got to work on my article and a few things for the book.  It is truly a bit by bit process.  BUT, I am very excited to put this together.
Photoshoot is booked and ready to roll with that,...so now I'm putting together all my outfits and whatnot.  It will be a combination of fitness pics as well as casual/fashion shots.  I like edgy and different, so we are going to do some cool shots with the fitness stuff this time...
I informed Sparkles she'd have to paint me again,...her wit is coming along "story of my life...painting your butt"....some truth to that.
She's a trooper.
Thanks mom.

Ok, onto the next item on the to-do list...
Make it a great day folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment