Monday, August 26, 2013

Where Is My Cape?!

The weekend seemed to fly by and pretty much leave me in the dust and debris.
Of course I was trying to be as productive as possible (shocker), which  left me waking up at 4 on Friday, 3:30 on Saturday, and comatose by Sunday morning.  I have nothing to say for myself except that by tomorrow afternoon I will not be responsible for anything that seeps through the gaping-hole-like filter that covers my mouth.
I tend to get ridiculous when I'm tired.
Correction: more ridiculous.

The weather has been unbelievable.
I went for a run Saturday morning and was borderline chilly for the first 2 miles.  I am beyond ready for fall. By far my favorite season....the smells, the weather, the football pants...dear Lord thank you for blessing us with Lycra.  And by "us" I mean running backs and wide receivers...

The week looks to be pretty standard, but I am honestly a little behind with my shoot next week.  I am still putting clothes and whatnot together,..speaking of, my net arm sleeves came in last week...best $4.99 I've spent in awhile.
I need a cape.
Why do I not have a cape?
Random, but it reminds me of Jordan when he was little....he had a set of batman pj's that had a detachable cape, which I'm pretty sure he wore until the cape looked more like a weird cotton mullet.  What a rebel.  Cape on, Big Bird under his arm,....us Parkers were pretty much destined for greatness.
...So, needless to say the shoot will be here before I know it and I need to get my mess together.

Overall it was a great Monday...a long Monday, but a good one.
The coolest thing to watch is someone blow their own mind on the first day.  I generally see it with people who have/are recovering from an injury or surgery and are so afraid of re-injury, that they baby themselves into a security bunker, and only look out to make sure no one is going to force them out.
Yeah, I pretty much like to invite myself in and then kick you out in such a way that actually comes from your drive, not mine. ;)
Fact is, people will move when the thought of staying is less desirable than the fear of actually trudging forward.  But again, it is completely on their terms.  Unfortunate to some extent simply because some will never move, but majority will...at some point.
Today I had a new client who was absolutely ready.  Scared to death of jumping (due to injury), and 12 minutes into her workout there she was bouncing like a 3 year old...giddy, confident, and in no pain.
Made her day. 
Made mine.

A few more emails then bed.  Glorious sleep.  Last night I woke myself up talking,...you would think I would exceed my word limit on a daily basis by 2pm.  Apparently not so.
If it happens tonight I might shoot Nyquil like tequila and pray for the best...






No comments:

Post a Comment