Saturday, August 10, 2013

Coffee Bender and Cool News

Well, my Saturday morning began at 5am with Oscar sniffing my face like a honeybun.  Finally, "I'm up!  For the love of God, I'm up!"...I stumble to the coffee maker and prepare to face the weekend.

Speaking of coffee,...yesterday was a ridiculous caffeine-bender Friday.  I won't try to deny the fact that my love for iced coffee went a little too far, and I just may have crossed a line.  But the rationale was that since I had been up since 3am it was either going to be that or me losing my mind and submitting to fetal position in public by 1pm.
It wouldn't be the first time...
Needless to say, I survived and got a ton of cleaning/organizing done around the house.  I hate clutter.  Cannot stand it....to the point that even catching a glimpse of the show Hoarders produces anxiety and a sick desire to slap everyone involved.
All that to say, give me way too much coffee, a garbage bag, and some lysol and by God I'll show you a good time.

It was quite the week.
My efforts to stay ahead of myself work-wise went pretty well, although that can change with a phone call, email, or melt-down.  I did have a few ladies who I thought were going to strangle someone as they walked in the door.
Depending on the situation, I may not stop them lets be honest.  BUT, all that to say there was an underlying theme that literally permeates across ovaries e-v-e-r-y-w-h-e-r-e.  I will touch on it next time because I'd truly like to devote that entry for you ladies.  Honestly, its too important to skip over, and since I can't jump through the screen and literally shake the crap out of every one of you (those science transport shows of the 80's screwed me up, damn liars), I will have to settle for a few words from yours truly.
It will be some tough love coming your way.....still love,...just combined with a firm grasp on your perceived reality.  Then I will squeeze.

I will end with some cool news...
My latest article will be featured in Endurance Magazine in September.  I was pumped when Brian notified me, and reviewing what I wrote in my head because Lord knows sometimes the filter can be rusty...
Here's the link: http://activedgefit.com/when-we-hit-a-fat-loss-wall/

Well, I hope you make it a great weekend!...I'm about to hit the road for a 6/7 mile run, so if you hear a slight groan, heavy breathing, and a few curse words from Mebane,...its me...



No comments:

Post a Comment