Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Breastfeeding Fighter...

Just give me a horizontal surface and 15 extra minutes...

Out like a light.
I woke up in a daze to the sound of the vacuum, 4 texts, and the smell of lysol.  All I needed was a screaming child to appear and it would have been an all out sensory-overload meltdown.
My body was toast, and my mind wasn't far behind.

My workout didn't help at all...anytime I work my legs the afternoon feels like a blur.
But on a positive note, I was able to do back squats today without feeling like my sacrum was going to explode.  Huge progress.  Its been a loooong 7 months dealing with this problem, and humbling at times.  Wasn't long ago I'd squat 235 pain free,...today I was happy to do the damn bar.
Tis life.
Crawl before you walk or lay there and get trampled...

So I was searching online for workout gear the other day, and some of the shirts trip me out.  I can roll with the traditional Nike slogans (as seen above), but one's that say "Too Fast!" or "Can't Stop This!" just make me laugh.
I'm not a cheetah or a train,...shocking, I know....
I need to make my own t-shirts.
Yes, slightly edited.  Emphasis on slightly...

I had a handful of initial evaluations today, which are always interesting.
Every time I feel like I have heard it all, but somehow that is never the case.
After putting one woman through the physical assessment, we sat down to talk about goals, habits, etc.  Coming out of her second pregnancy, bed rest, and endless days of chaos I could tell she was simply ready to refocus and get back on track.
She leans in, gets all wide eyed and with a completely straight face....
"Meredith, I want you to hurt me.  I'm dead serious.  I'm not afraid to cry.  Not crazy about vomit, but I want you to hurt me."
I sat there unsure of what to say at first because I literally thought oh my god, she wants to be the next female UFC champ and ironically still breastfeeding.....would she pump between rounds?...what is the protocol for that?
 Finally, I smiled and assured her that tears, vomit, or any other bodily fluids for that matter would not offend or scare me. 
Mom says I lack compassion.....ehhh, I'm not getting paid to play patty-cake or snuggle, (as should no one no matter spooning ability).  However, I am very much aware of peoples' limits, and when someone opens the door to "what they want", well by God strap on your helmet, game on.
She starts next week.

Well, I just ate enough salmon to last me 3 days and need to get in bed asap.  Tomorrow is a long day that will begin at 3:45.
Here we go...







1 comment:

  1. Hey that's awesome that you can get back to doing squats! It's been a long time with that back injury and glad to hear you're doing better now. Hope everything's going well at the gym. I already miss the summer tour!

    -TZ

    ReplyDelete