Sunday, June 2, 2013

Oatmeal or Cream of Wheat

Sunday night already,...wow.
Got my protein shake, pj's, and Real Housewives on in the background.
No need to judge me on the last one,...I judge myself.

I am pretty spent.
It was a cardio/core workout day and honestly it felt pretty darn good.  I know I know, I don't necessarily care for cardio, but I got it done and that felt better than the actual process.  Absolutely worth it.

It was a great weekend tat started off with some girl-time with Payton.

We had a blast,...between painting, baking, and learning the correct form of a cannon ball into the pool, it was an action packed 24 hours to say the least.
One of the highlights had to be bedtime.
Payton loves to tell/hear "silly stories" so she would make up these tales that only a 3 year old could conjure up, and then laugh hysterically at herself.  After a few minutes she turns to me and asks me to tell a silly story.
I began making up the most random story because, let's be honest, the only legitimate "silly" stories I knew should never be told to a minor...or family member for sake of avoiding blackmail.
I quickly realized my imagination was nowhere near that of a 3 year old, and I resorted back to stories that involved other family members to save face and maintain credibility.
More often than not, the stories began with "One time, your dad..."
I had a lot of material.

Saturday morning began with a speech about why my breakfast was ridiculous and that I should be eating oatmeal or cream of wheat.

I was eating asparagus and egg whites while being judged by someone who periodically pees their pants.
Not sure where to place that,...but there ya go.

All in all I seriously cannot believe how much that child has grown and the little girl she is turning into.  She was certainly the highlight of my weekend.
Here are a few pics from her field trip to Aunt Mena's...








Well folks, ready to roll next week.
College athletes back in town and the summer schedule in full swing.  Here we go...




No comments:

Post a Comment