Thursday, June 13, 2013

Starting Points and Polly Pocket

This is what happens when I try to do work on the computer...


Oscar thinks its some kind of team effort, looks at the space available on the recliner, and then opts to jump in like he's the size of Polly Pocket.
He's not.
That joker is over 15 pounds, and I am reminded every time he uses my lap as a bounce house.  Ridiculous.

Well, it was a typical Thursday in the gym, with a few particular clients making huge personal strides...I love it.
I received a new client today, and it never ceases to amaze me how many people think they are too out of shape to work with a trainer.  Wait what?!  This sounds so absurd to me and yet I hear it all the time.  As if there is some level of fitness you have to reach on your own to then work with someone to work on the very thing you are having trouble with ON YOUR OWN.
Hello.
Where does this stem from?
Let me assure you of one thing,...everyone's starting point is different and it really DOES NOT MATTER where that is,...it is all relative.
It is my job, (and any other trainer), to meet you there but not leave you there.
Yes, unfortunately some people have poor experiences with trainers who were simply unable to read their clients' needs in terms of threshold, capabilities, and training-personality.  I hate that, but no reason to throw in the towel.  Get up, keep moving.
Come to me as you are.
Waiting another day is wasting another day.  Game time folks.

Its not even dark yet and I am 2 seconds from hitting the bed.
I am beyond tired, and have a full day ahead,...capped off with a hair appointment and dinner with my college gals.  Can't wait.  We'll tell stories, joke about life, cry about life, and then remind each other how awesome we are....this is what we do...and dammit we do it well.

And on that note, its bedtime...



No comments:

Post a Comment