Monday, June 3, 2013

Botox and Beer

Woke up feeling like a Wipeout victim.
I mistakenly called Sparkles at 10:15pm thinking it would be a 2 minute conversation.  Not so.  15 minutes later there I am resenting my mom for her lung capacity during a single conversation.
Horrible daughter, I know.
Needless to say, I was pretty darn tired the second my feet hit the floor at 4am.  And when I made it to the bathroom to wash my face and attempt war-paint application, my eyes were drooping and forehead all furrowed so bad I nearly lost it.
Don't think for a second I wouldn't inject botox at 29.  I need to be able to move my joints, not necessarily my forehead...

Despite not getting enough sleep, it was a good day in the gym and I cannot complain about effort.  College kids were in go-mode at 6:30 this morning, and it was full steam ahead from there.
It definitely does not make me miss early morning practices.
What a small dose of hell.
And there are always a few that will boldly show up hungover.  On one hand, I have to commend them for their dedication to actually get out of bed and attempt sprints when they feel like death.  On the other hand, I have to laugh at their idiotic decision-making skills and hope they vomit at some point.
Get it out and keep rolling.
They're 21,...they'll live...

Speaking of alcohol, it blows my mind how much people think they can drink and still meet their fitness goals.  I feel like I deal with this ALL THE TIME.
I'll be completely honest with you, I've only had maybe 3 clients ever who I'd say could drink like fish and still manage to maintain/lose weight.  Do I agree with it in terms of health?  No.  But for whatever reasons, they could do it and though their livers hate them, I couldn't argue with the scale.
But those few people are certainly not the majority, and the truth is if you are trying to lose fat you need to stop taking shots like a sorority chick and refocus.
Its not just about the calories,...its everything that goes with it: the effect on your ability to burn fat, your hormones, metabolism, energy, late night eating that often occurs, and the list could go on...
People argue with me on this one like I am prying away an appendage.  Unbelievable.
Truth is, if you want to meet your goals that badly, you'll do what it takes.  Period.  Will it suck sometimes, sure.  But with every decision, you decide what you want more.
Does this mean you can never have another cold beer?  No.  But if your goal is to loosen up the death grip those jeans have on your waistline, I'd retire the weekend hobby of bonging beers on the back patio. (Which you should naturally do anyway after the age of 22...hello...)

Well folks, that's it for tonight.  8:15 and I am ready to hit the bed like a champ.
Have a great night and make Tuesday a path FORWARD!

No comments:

Post a Comment