Sunday, June 30, 2013

Goodbye 29...

Hello 30.
Here I am.
I survived my birthday weekend, and can honestly say that while its been a mental hurdle to jump at the thought of my age beginning with a 3, I excitedly enter the next decade.  Game.  On.

We went out for some sushi, celebrated with a couple of my girls and family, and then retired to bed before midnight.  That pretty much set the standard right there.
I found myself sitting between my two pregnant friends at dinner, and as their growing breasts kept staring at me, I suddenly felt the need to take a pregnancy test after my rainbow roll.
We've officially entered that stage in life,...where you're either lactating, about to start lactating, or talking about lactating.  I've learned quite a bit, and cannot wait for their little ones to arrive.
...A couple more young minds to influence

Here are a few pics from the evening...







The night did not end there.
I woke up the next day (my official birthday) to a notification on my phone from facebook.  There was a picture of a pink flamingo and balloons in my yard.  I was in that stage of groggy/semi-coma so it took me a few minutes to figure out what the heck was going on.
Posted by my sister-in-law, Jan, I knew this was only the beginning...
Mailbox covered in streamers,...garage door decorated with banner and napkins,...streamers in the bushes,...banners on the house and door,...
When mom and dad stopped by a few hours later, I opened the door to discover that mom was standing in a massive spread of confetti glitter. (Ironic and yet very appropriate).
Apparently Jordan and Jan came by at 2 in the morning to do all this...unbelievable.
I left it up,....mainly to prove a point to someone who has an entire flee-market collection in the front lawn,...but also because the effort it was going to take to clean it up in 90* heat was more than I was willing to give on my birthday.
It was funny and I appreciate the effort ;)
And yes, the confetti is still on my walk-way......and now in my house....

Needless to say, I felt extremely loved this weekend...by family, friends, clients, the waiter at Mt Fufi who didn't kick us out for being loud...
Thank you everyone who sent me text/email/phone calls,...it truly means a lot, and I appreciate your kind words more than you know.  You are a part of my journey, and I am grateful.

I mentioned last week that I was coming up with a list of 30 things I've learned in 30 years.  I will post it tomorrow.  It will be all that I leave with you to read.  Shockingly, it is a serious list and I genuinely put a lot of thought/time into it.  Brace yourself.
So there ya go,....anticipation mounts.

No comments:

Post a Comment