Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Free Hugs Always Win....Unfortunately

What a week.
I could have sworn it was Thursday, and yet hump day was staring me down like a hawk.  Damn that hump.  It was a fairly normal Wednesday, but coming off of less sleep and some never-ending rash-like stress, it felt like Thursday....or Friday...or Saturday afternoon when my intentions of having a life are superseded by my desire to nap with my cat.
At 30, I live life on the edge...

However, my reason for a later bedtime was a good one....birthday dinner with the family to celebrate Jordan's 26th year on this planet as the favorite Parker child.
Its fine, he always has been...and quite honestly he deserves the title.  Surviving in the house with me and David 15 years ago is a fete that at least deserves a plaque, ribbon, or lifetime supply of Zoloft just in case.
I'd ask mom for money, and he'd ask for hugs.
How is any normal human being supposed to compete with that?
...I just stood there empty-handed, looking like a jerk, and more apt to soak the moment in sarcasm than give a bear-like embrace.
Tragic.
Ah but here we are years later and fully recovered...maybe...


In fitness news...
My next article will be finished soon and I'm pretty pumped about this one.  I say that about every one and I realize my opinion is slightly bias...
I'm ok with that.
But this one really hits at a huge theme that I encounter E-V-E-R-Y-D-A-Y.  I constantly deal with people whose mindset about fitness/health/nutrition/habits is more like some kind of victim to their environment rather than seeing the open opportunity to alter the very things they let control them.  Amazing.  WE HAVE CONTROL.  What a new concept.
And yet too often we resign ourselves to a passive participant in this journey known as health, and waste time wishing things were different.
Ah, so I finally get it all on paper....Creating A Successful Fitness Environment.  This is NOT just about cleaning out the pantry and joining a gym...I cover the little things that will ultimately make a HUGE difference in your ability and rate at which you achieve your goals....from the plate to the people you surround yourself with.  Because ALL these things contribute (good or bad) to your health. 
So there ya go,....it will be in front of your eyes in just days :)

Well, that's it for tonight...a short day tomorrow and then holy crap a couple of days off...what in the world will I do....









No comments:

Post a Comment