Saturday, October 19, 2013

A Beautiful Mess

12:15 and I am just now sitting down to my plate-o-protein-pancakes.
Pumpkin flavor.
Topped with PB2.
Highlight of the day right here....which isn't saying much about my day, but I go a little cra-cra over some pumpkin stuff.  Smells, tastes, I don't discriminate...I like it all.
The yankee candles are probably my favorite.  Why I spend $22 on a burning scent of awesome only to throw away the jar and long for more is beyond me.
And yet worth it.

In the midst of my highway rant the other day I failed to mention what an amazing day I had on Thursday in the gym.
Every now and then people will unknowingly meet us where we are with words that are perfectly timed and yet catch us off guard.  Our reaction is thus raw and uninhibited.  It can be a mess, but a beautiful mess...
Long story short, a woman brought me to tears right there in front of the leg press before 10am.  I was in no way prepared for her genuine gratitude and overflowing sense of personal achievement.  Over the course of our time together she'd conquered fears, physical limitations, internal doubt, and truly allowed me to pull her out of her comfort zone.
Because she reached,...did the work, and ultimately proved to herself what I was already certain of.
As she was tearing up I was beyond overwhelmed, and she may have thought I'd brought her to a "new place" in her journey, but she had no clue how much she fed my soul in that moment.
Yes, believe it or not I am not always a heartless meathead ;)
I was coming off an emotionally and physically draining few days, and I'd be lying if I said there were not times it took all the strength I had to make it through the afternoon and a dozen more clients. 
...Her words refueled me.  Her personal strength and conviction that she's worth it, can do it, and will do it fueled us both.

That was not the last time I cried that day.  (Shockingly, the second time was not related to a coffee shortage or another highway nightmare).
...It was just one of those days.  Perhaps not what I expected, but what I needed, and such a reminder once again why I adore the opportunity to do what I do...

No comments:

Post a Comment