Tuesday, October 8, 2013

On Dasher, On Dancer, On Lycra and Spandex...

I will not even lie about the fact that I am listening to Christmas music right now.
Half of you want to punch me....friends included.
25% of you don't care.
And the other 25% are secretly sneaking a Johnny Mathis hit on your ipod, but refuse to admit your love for the ol red and green and fetish for snow globes.  That's fine.
Personally, I show no shame.
I love Christmas time.  The music, the smells, the awkward family moments which may or may not lead to increased closet drinking or medication.....by God its the most wonderful time of the year you haters...

It was a great day in the gym, and began with a morning surprise gift from a client...
Avocado socks!
Love it.
She just returned from a trip to CA, and was so kind to think of me when she saw these....said they had obscene socks too.....I can only imagine.
Great way to start a Tuesday.

The rest of my day was spent pulling up my pants.
Literally.
I made the mistake of not trying on a pair of spandex before I bought them, and paid for it after 13 hours of constantly trying to prevent rocking a saggy-crotch.  Horrible, and yet my own fault.
I saw the brand, the low price, and then it was a moment of retail intoxication.
Good decisions are never made while intoxicated, retail or otherwise.  Stop kidding yourself.
And by 11am, I would have paid the extra $60 to have on pants that didn't travel south after a squat demo and a few push-ups.
I was annoyed and yet helpless at the same time.  I couldn't just get rid of my pants,...legally.
There I was,...stuck in spandex,...migrating crotch,...breaking a sweat pulling the god forsaken things up ALL. Day. Long.
Dear spandex pant makers, if you're going to cut the circulation off at my ankles, consider the fact that everything between my belly button and upper thighs want to join the fully-supported-and-borderline-suffocating party as well.
Thank you.

On that tight note, I am spent and need to get my mind right for another long day.
Back to my overpriced, but much more appreciated pants tomorrow...





No comments:

Post a Comment