Monday, October 21, 2013

Fried Butter and Gin & Juice

I swear I turn around and the weekend is gone.
Poof.
Vanished.
...And the next thing I know the Monday alarm is going off along with my sanity...

I had a relatively quiet weekend,...with the exception of a trip to Target...and Wal-mart.
Hitting both those stores within 24 hours on the weekend is a near death wish.  It never fails that I choose the line with the lowest IQ requirement and busted scanner, coupon nazi, or
price check for 13 of the 15 items on the belt.  However, I never complain when I get a cashier who refuses to spend more than 5 seconds on a price check and just starts making up numbers. 
Its a paperless coupon.
Happy birthday everyone.
Thankfully, my experiences were not so bad this go-round.  I escaped the mad-house known as Saturday in retail world without pulling out my hair, ceasing public outings all together, or vowing never to bear children after witnessing a 3 year old exorcism over a pack of skittles.
You may be making a point to your child,...meanwhile everyone within a 50 yard radius is deaf in one ear and completely swearing off sex until 2015.

Today was pretty standard in the gym world....with a handful of people needing to burn off a few extra calories from the State Fair.
Yeah, some of the "food", (and I use that term loosely), absolutely blew my mind.  Apparently we Americans will fry the crap out of anything.....and then fry it again....
But I'd be lying if I said I didn't want to go.  We went every year growing up, so its more about the tradition of it I guess.
Dad would have us there before the gates open, freezing, making sure fanny packs were ready to roll and we all knew where the Red Cross building was in case we got lost.  That was always interesting...
"If we lose you, just go there and we'll get you."
....uhhh....so are we talking like right after you discover you lost me, or going to just let me marinate in my poor decision making and Keds for a bit and pray for the best?...
Oh 1989 how we miss you.

My night concluded with a few teenagers and the dramatic stories to follow.  They are always entertaining and whether I need to know it or not, I end up hearing who broke up with who, who wants to breakup, what tests are coming up, and what mom doesn't know about the weekend...
I could literally sell information by Monday night.
Crazy kids...
Yes, I say kids as if I'm 62.  I practically am.  But I definitely feel it when a song comes on from high school and they are all like "who is this?"...as if they'd remember jamming out to Snoop Dogg in their diapers.
Maybe they were.
Parenting award denied right there....mainly for lack of good judgement.  Oh I appreciate some ol Dogg,...just not fully supportive of a 5 year old spouting off the lyrics to Gin & Juice.

On that lyrical note, I am headed to bed...
Night folks!!

No comments:

Post a Comment