Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Yule Detox

Holy crap I'm alive.
Its been quite the holiday ride since last Thursday, and to say I woke up feeling like a pile of dog poo would be an understatement. 
We didn't get home until after midnight, and my body was hating me.  Food,...gifts,...more food,...more gifts,...and topped with more sugar, its amazing my pancreas is still functioning.  How some people eat like that everyday is truly beyond me. 
If you feel horrible, you should.
Ever tried to fuel your car with mule waste? 
Exactly. 
Your body is no different.  Not that I assume any of you are actually eating mule waste, but you get the point...
The holidays can be brutal in the nutrition department with one event to the next. 
I get it.
Hell, I have to "pregame" before these events for the sake of my intestines.  I'm not talking alcohol.
Two lines into "O Holy Night" at the Christmas Eve service I'm popping gas-x like pez in hopes that the upcoming meal didn't leave me in fetal position wanting my mom and a keg of pepto.
You do what you gotta do.

I was so ready to eat tuna and veggies today I couldn't stand it. 

Christmas Day was great though.  We drove all over Durham for family events and packed the car with an obscene amount of gifts.  Yes, I may have gone a little overboard with Payton and Haven,....shocker. 
Sparkles was in rare form, and was standing at the door with her "Sprinkles of Joy" bottle ready to creep everyone out with her yuletide props.
Unbelievable.
This pretty much speaks for itself when it comes to Christmas at my parents house.

Here they are with ALL THE GIFTS....dad's OCD kicked in before anyone got there and he organized the room so everyone had their own pile...including name tags for the piles. 
(And I wonder where I get it from...)
That was the cleanest the room was all night.
I was game on after that.
However, my efforts to remain tear-free throughout the night went straight down the toilet.  One of the neatest gifts came at the end when Kelly gave us each ladies a note and pearl bracelet with a "P" inscribed on it.  The Parker sisterhood was complete. 
I think we just sort of formed our own sorority last night....minus the hazing.   


Well, it was back to the grind this afternoon.
I took the morning off, which proved to be a smart decision considering I couldn't function until 7am.  Coffee helped a little, but failed to work its typical magic.
I need sleep.
Sleep,...and sugar detox until Easter. 

I'll leave you with a few more Christmas pics...











1 comment: