Monday, December 10, 2012

Dirty Santa, Round 2

I think I put too much garlic on this salmon.
The breath is going to be out of control in about 15 minutes.  its fine.  I have no plans of making out.

It was another hit-the-ground-running Monday.
I woke up in what I instantly knew was a foul mood, which, surprisingly does not happen too often (shocking, I know).  Today was a little different though. 
No, I didn't "wake up on the wrong side of the bed".  I hate that.  Sometimes both sides are wrong.  I practically don't move from left side fetal position all night, and if I roll over I meet a wall of 225 pounds,...so no, I literally could not wake up on the wrong side of the bed.
I may start exiting from the foot of the bed just to mix it up.
Branch out.
Go nuts.
Who knows...

Venting moment of the day.  Here we go...
Let me begin by saying I appreciate clients who will give everything even when I turn my head or when they think I am not watching.  It not only speaks to their commitment, but also to where they are headed.  It makes my day to watch people struggle, decide to keep going, push though, and then enjoy the sweet taste of victory no matter how small or big in the big scheme of things.
Its awesome.
With that said, I am completely blown away by those who will blatantly cheat in front of me.  Especially the young athletes.  Don't talk to me about wanting to improve, meet all these goals and accomplish this or that if you're not willing to work.  YOUR WORDS MEAN NOTHING in the face of open disregard for the opportunity to get there.  Unbelievable.
I was so frustrated at one point today I had to walk away. 
At some point, we choose it.  Either its worth it, or its not.  Period.
I can do many things, but I cannot force someone to value their health, athletic potential, or the journey required meet goals. 
What a day.

My own workout was great day.  Despite the fact that I was tired even before I started, I sort of got in a zone and it was on at that point.  Shoulders, core, and quads.  I was hating life an hour and half later....but glad to be done. 
Garrett and I both looked like death.

I'm starting to freak out a little that Christmas is in 2 weeks.  Holy night, holy crap, this is getting crazy.  I've got a room full of gifts that will not wrap themselves, as well as a few more items to get before I can call it quits.
This weekend is our annual Christmas gathering with my mom's side of the family.  We play dirty Santa, and they are already quizzing my mom about what I'm bringing.  This is what I get for wrapping a signed jock strap and set of "holiday blue balls" tied to a garden Shepard's hook last year.  Its creative yard art. 
So I'm feeling a little pressure this year.  I told my aunt there would be no crotch-references.  The look of disappointment was amazing. 
I may have lied, we shall see...

On that note, I need to get in bed and hope to God I wake up ready for Tuesday. 
All smiles and glitter....that was a direct shout out to you mom.
Embrace it.
Dance to it.
For the love of God woman, throw your hands in the air and smile like the Sparkle Queen you are!








No comments:

Post a Comment