Thursday, December 20, 2012

Holiday Hazing

Oscar is going nuts.
He gets on these rants where he'll sprint across the room, skid across the hardwood, pant like a smoker and then repeat the whole thing.
Its his own solo-relay....sad.
He'll get himself so worked up that he'll probably throw up and I'll cap off my night with some Resolve cleaner and a sponge.  My decision to go with off-white carpet haunts me everyday.
Orange shag makes more sense than it should.

Well, it was officially my last day in the gym until after Christmas.
The week flew by and I can honestly say I am exhausted, but will be itching to get back by next week I'm sure.  Add in 5 family events, and I'll be in rare form just in time for Jesus' birth.
Sweet.

Its a tough time of year for the fitness minded folk.  Let's be honest, we're surrounded by fudge, cookies, and every kind of sugar-coated food imaginable.  Oh, and lets not forget the beverages.  After 3 hours of Aunt Reda's nagging, its amazing you haven't starting hazing yourself.
I get it.
But there is room to have your cake and fit in your pants too.
Plan ahead.
Whoever said you had to eat every item at every event?  You're not a squirrel.  Stop storing up for winter. 
Look over everything and decide on a couple of splurges.  That's it.  And if you eat a little more than you anticipated, don't assume all is lost and blow the next 2 days as well.
Move on.
Its not the end of the world,...you're not a horrible person,...its one meal at a time.  Make the next one good fuel.


Tomorrow looks to be a busy Christmas-prep day.
I've still got a few odds and ends to take care of.  99% chance I'll buy something for myself.
Buyer's remorse? 
I have no clue what you're talking about.

Bedtime...

No comments:

Post a Comment