Sunday, December 9, 2012

Planes, Trains, and Dysfunction

Every week I have all intentions of writing nearly everyday, and then its like the week punches me in the throat, I develop a case of severe arthritis and writers block, and here I am at Sunday wondering where the time went.
Unbelievable.

Its been a crazy few days to say the least.  Between work and family events, I've been running around like a mad woman.  That time of year folks,....brace yourself.
I had a family reunion on Saturday.  I should probably stop right there. 
Honestly though, family reunions can be quite entertaining.  I generally leave feeling a little more normal and justified in blaming others for my issues.  That's how its supposed to work, right?  Kidding,...sort of.
We weren't there 15 minutes before someone practically yells across the room "Where are your babies Meredith?!"
I fought the urge to point to my ovaries and say "Marinating".....instead I just smiled, sat down, and apologized to my unborn children for the dysfunction they would face one day. 
Its all equal though,...they put up with me so more power to them.
Gotta love the 'ol family tree...

On another note, I had an unexpected day off today from cardio.  I woke up and felt like I'd been plowed by a bus.
My body was dragging.  I knew I needed rest, so rest I did.
Tomorrow is back to the grind and I'll be ready to jump aboard the lifting train.
Ok, enough with the locomotive references, my God...

This is short and sweet tonight because I am about 5 steps behind myself.  Laundry, dishes, blah blah...
Seriously, all I want to do right now is watch a Christmas movie.  I need some mindless time.
Believe it or not, my brain is always in 5th gear.
Some of you would dispute that....to which I say ditto my friend, ditto.... ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment