Thursday, December 13, 2012

8 Ounce Freak-Out

Just me and a bowl of chicken, cabbage, and cottage cheese.
I will put cottage cheese on anything.
Seriously.  Dare me.  100% chance I'll like it and you'll lose.
Its a late dinner, but I just got off the phone with Sparkles....it was a 75 minute conversation.  For the record, I met my word limit at about 4pm. 
I was practically dehydrated by the end.  And pretty sure there is an oxygen shortage over at the Parker house. 
Dad's probably gasping for breath while mom is on her nightly bedazzling raid.

It was long day,...good, but long.
I had to give my no-sense-in-weighing-everyday-because-you'll-lose-your-mind speech today.  It amazes me just how many people engage in this ridiculous habit.  And yes, it is ridiculous.  Its not A POUND that should cause an alarm.  No, its the extreme and irrational freak-out over the pound that's the issue.
Its one thing to keep weight "in-check" and use it as a gauge for progress, but there is a fine line in that and obsession.
Part of taking care of yourself and your health is protecting yourself emotionally.  If your emotional stability often depends on half a pound on the scale each morning, its time to step back and regain a proper perspective. 
The scale should have no more power over you than the actual batteries in the darn thing...


Well, its bed time.
Short and sweet tonight, but I am falling asleep sitting straight up...
Night folks.  Make tomorrow great.



No comments:

Post a Comment