Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Soaring Eagle

If there was a move to bust this morning, I pretty much busted it.
Every song on Pandora sent me back to my prime, (a few short lived years in the early 00's), and next thing I know I'm whipping out moves that should probably stay away from public arenas before 10am.  I couldn't help myself.
I had great music.
I had spandex.
It was game on at that point.

Tuesday workouts are proving to be a huge kick in the rear.  Between my delts and glutes everything was aching and I was honestly glad to be finished.
Its that time of year when I need to sit down and reassess my own fitness goals.  I don't like heading into the holidays without a plan because before I know it its a new year and I'm sitting there bloated and frustrated with my lack of planning.  Its a mini-nightmare for my OCD...

*  *  *

I like to think that over the course of working with clients, they actually start to learn certain moves, the official names, muscle groups, etc...
I mean my God, some people could probably instruct a "squat" in their sleep because they've heard me say it a thousand times.  And if I had a dollar every time I had to look at a backside and tell it to get lower I could have retired 4 years ago.
I literally look at butt all day.
Try not to be too envious.
       So today I was working with one particular client I've had now for 3 years, and we'd just finished up a combination set of lunge jumps and lateral dumbbell raises.  He sits down on the bench sucking some wind and says "I like that one.....the spread-eagle one."
Uhhhh....come again??
I couldn't help but laugh and think that clearly his definition of "spread eagle" is different than mine, and NO WHERE in that routine was the version I was thinking of.  He laughed when he realized we were obviously not on the same page, and clarified that he was referencing the lateral raises.
I shook my head and simply told him never to use that term around anyone in public when describing the exercises I have him do.  Ha.
Never a dull moment...

Its not even 8:30 and I cannot keep my eyes open.  Long day ahead and if my glutes hold up through cardio it will be amazing.  Here we come hump day...



No comments:

Post a Comment